Please help me with color scheme to go with butcher block island
Hello, we are gutting and rebuilding our kitchen. I was going for a 2 toned black and white kitchen with all cool colors, but my husband has convinced me to warm it up and go for more of a relaxed and warm color scheme. As part of that we are considering a butcher block island. I am not so good at putting colors together. I already know a few things about what the kitchen will have in it:
- layout is finalized
- no appliances or sink in island
- island seats 4 counter height stools for kids
- appliances: paneled fridge, dishwasher and ice maker, bosch induction cooktop, electrolux double ovens
- soft white shaker style frameless cabinets to the ceiling (10')
- 2 glass fronted cabinets on one wall
- granite or quartzite on the perimeter (not sure of color here)
- marble subway tile backsplash (I can return this if I decide on a different one but I like the marble)
- globe style pendant lights above island
- plenty of natural light
Going for a comfortable feel, a bit contemporary but still casual - maybe like an updated farm style with clean lines.
Can I get some ideas on how to put colors together if we choose a wood island? For example, the perimeter granite color, backsplash color, and the finish on the hardware, lights, faucet, etc.