Alterna Floors--Love to See Your Pics!

pam533June 3, 2013

Hi. I'm trying to decide right now between the Talus Sunset Beige and the Multistone-Cream. I would LOVE to see any pics anybody has of any Alterna floors. Please, please post some. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GreenDesigns

Check the reviews. There have been several unhappy customers who have installed this floor.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 4:07PM
joyce_6333

We've had it in our back powder room, near the garage and mud room, for 2 years. If I remember right, the color is chocolate. This stuff seems indestructible. The only bad part is it never looks dirty, so sometimes I overlook cleaning it. We had it laid with no grout.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 4:29PM
joyce_6333

Pam, forgot to mention that our DD has it in her kids bathrooms, and it looks like new after about 7 years. She has 5 kids, and these baths get hard use.

The only negative reviews I've seen relates to the grouting. I hate grout, and that was one of the reasons I chose it was because it could be laid without grout. It's laid on a membrane so if we ever want to change it, it's not as difficult as if it was glued to the floor, but it's not actually a floating floor. It's important to read the specs on the product for proper installation.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
White Kitchens & Two Tone Kitchens?
Even though I know I sound very indecisive (sorry),...
annaw_123
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™