Blizzard (black) granite?

mommemeJune 5, 2013

Hi, We are doing a very modest kitchen redo. Just rehabbing our original cabinets (painting white) and putting in new counter/backsplash. We are just starting to look at countertops and came across this one that we like, but I haven't been able to find any info on it. Anyone know of another name it could go by?? Thanks for any input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mommeme

And this is another one we had liked, White Ice. So, whole different look. I would say I would like our kitchen to be traditional/classic.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 9:41AM
Julia4326

I saw similar black granite called "Cosmic Black."

I love the white ice. Both would be stunning in a kitchen!

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 9:53AM
ellendi

Word of caution on the white granites. They can stain easier and even can have problems when sealed.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 2:22PM
Sherrie Moore

That looks very similar to the granite I chose. Mine is called Nero Forest. I know different regions and even different stone places in the same region call things by different names sometimes.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 5:33PM
melissaki5

Can't help with the name for the black granite it reminds me of marble but it is LOVELY. I can second the comment on white granite staining (as i have white granite.) So far I have been pretty much stain free but if you are in a busy household you may want to opt for a darker granite.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 5:56PM
mommeme

Thanks for the input on the white. I suppose I should put some wine or something on the little sample I got. I really like the black, but had white in mind up until this point, so seeing if my brain can change gears :)

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 7:14PM
debrak2008

If you are checking for staining you have to make sure the sample is sealed as they usually are not. My sample of white diamond did stain with grape juice. Now that its installed (sealed), nothing stains it.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 7:16PM
mommeme

Oh, thank you. I did not ask! What else would stain? Mustard? Tomato sauce? I'm trying to think of things we use that are bright, dark. I have gross 20-year-old tile, so I always put a cutting board or plate down, but spills do happen.

Bookmark   June 5, 2013 at 8:21PM
threegraces

We have honed white granite (delicatus) similar to what you posted. I left wine on the sample over night and got the stain out with a little elbow grease and some oxyclean.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 9:36PM
xc60

We have white Delicatus as well and nothing stains ours.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 11:57PM
More Discussions
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
Would soapstone work for me?
I currently have Cambria quartz and like it, but don't...
Butternut
Zephyr Monsoon I or Air King LIN34 600 CFR Range Hood Insert??
I am ready to buy a range hood insert for my kitchen....
Kenneth House
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™