Anyone built in oven at countertop level?

PasselJune 16, 2013

I want two ovens in my new kitchen but would like to have one fullsize and one smaller convection/microwave oven. The layout of the wall of cabinets is short and I would like to mount the oven that I plan to use most at counterheight so that upper cabinets can be the same as the rest of the wall. The meile speed oven is about the height of a backsplash and there may be others. I could install the single full size oven below that same counter or on the back of the island. Has anyone done anything like this and could you show a picture. Maybe I would just install the double oven on that wall but put the top of the small oven at the top of the back splash level.

I haven't seen any pictures of an installation like this and can't decide if it would look weird? or not. Maybe if I mount the small oven at countertop level the other oven needs to be separate. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm not clear on what it is exactly that you want to do. But I can show you what I did.

I have a viking oven in my island and I have a separate wall unit that has a trivection on the bottom and a cavity for a microwave on top. The cavity has nesting doors for when I don't want to see the MW.

GF installed advantium at counter height in a stack next to the fridge.

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 9:59AM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Kitchen layout, updated
Revised layout:
edwardshome
Ikeafans website has closed down
I know that the Ikeafans website was seeded by gardenweb,...
scrappy25
My Conestoga Cabinets have arrived, now the fun begins
My cabinets arrived this past Thursday and thought...
aries61
Anyone have solid walnut slab cabinets?
Howdy! We're trying to decide if we want to do walnut...
Fori is not pleased
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™