where to place pendants over peninsula?

Bobbi30June 25, 2013

Where do we place 2 pendants over a peninsula (breakfast bar) that will be in front of a pass through? From back to front of the peninsula, in the middle? White area in back if breakfast bar is actually air(pass through). - to right of that is refrigerator.
here is plan looking at breakfast bar and passthru - should pendants go on the mid-point of the counter (mid-way from back wall to end of counter depth) and then spaced according to distance from refrigerator and distance from end of counter to doorway?

Work hasn't started yet so all I can do is attach drawing plan.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Molly Phillips

I'm bumping for you because I'm not positive on the answer, but my instinct is to put them in the middle of the counter, and then use the fridge cabinet wall as the "wall" on the right and the end of the counter on the left as the "wall" on the left to space them out evenly.

Depending on the pendants you purchase, also think about cleaning them. We have clear pendants so they have to be polished more often than some others and I'm glad they are (fairly) easy to reach without getting a ladder out.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 10:29PM
More Discussions
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
Has anyone heard of/used Hominter?
Our new house build is proceeding and while we haven't...
beckysharp
Decorative frameless drawer fronts?
I'm building our kitchen with frameless cabinets and...
mushcreek
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™