can I squeeze in a bar/prep sink?

lisapoiJune 7, 2013

We are planning our kitchen renovation. In the early stages we spoke to a KD who suggested we consider a second sink. Our kitchen is relatively small (11' x 11' roughly), with a sliding glass door virtually along the length of the kitchen opposite the proposed island.
Because the kitchen is small, we immediately dismissed the idea of the second sink (we are desperate for more counter space).
But, now that I am reflecting on the design, I'm wondering if a small sink might not be really useful (for draining pots, etc.), especially near the stove, since trying to access the main sink means a few steps an a bit of a corner (the island corner).
(The end of the kitchen opposite the stove wall will be opened up to the dining room.)
I know that if we do get a second sink, it will have to be small. We are looking at a Franke undermount sink (USC SK600) 15.25" x 9" x 6" interior, which will fit a 15" cabinet. Do you think this would work for us, or should we just forget about it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisapoi

Here is a rough drawing of the whole kitchen. There is a on either side of the stove and surrounding counters, as well as behind them. The wall line didn't show up when I posted the image.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 7:45AM
More Discussions
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Cabinet coat for office
I am painting over dark stained builtins in our home...
erinnicole
Soapstone with runnels: How are they holding up?
If you have runnels in your soapstone, could you tell...
leavemeout
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™