Pricing of caesarstone?

joebayareaJune 18, 2008

How much should I expect to pay per square foot?

or is it by linear foot?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gshop

bump

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 2:40PM
sw_in_austin

The estimate we got (in central Texas) was $70 fabricated and installed (that doesn't include a $200 charge for the undermount sink). That was with a standard edge also. We got almost the same price for soapstone so we're going with soapstone (to be installed tomorrow! I'm excited but nervous.)

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 3:18PM
live_wire_oak

Factors that make a difference in pricing include location (#1 factor) whether 2 cm or 3 cm material is used, edge treatments, how many cut outs and the type and mounting specifics of the sink. The material itself runs about $60-$90 a square foot, depending on color class. The only way to know specifically what your kitchen counters in any material will cost is to get specific complete quotes from fabricators. Here, "average" kitchens cost between $4-5K. not including the sink, faucet, disposal, or other items mounted into the countertop. Your location and material costs will obviously be different.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 4:08PM
edlakin

we were quoted $75/sq. foot for 3cm caesarstone jerusalem sand, polished.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 4:11PM
sue36

I paid $80 per sf for 3cm, pencil edge - 3 years ago.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 4:55PM
sw_in_austin

The Caesarstone we got the $70/sf quote for was 3 cm, honed Raven, with only the one sink cutout for an undermount sink. The material would have been in 3 or 4 separate pieces if that makes a difference.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 6:10PM
beantownrenovator

sw I'm so jealous - we're in boston (hence my name) and I priced raven honed from 10 different stores...the lowest was $80/ft installed, the highest $110/sf!!!

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 6:41PM
joebayarea

Thanks all for the rough idea.
But can someone please tell me what the first response
"bump" meant. Did I ignore some protocol or something?

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 8:15PM
sue36

"Bump" means someone is posting so the thread will move up, "bumping" it up. They didn't have an answer (or would have answered), but were doing you a favor so more people would see your thread.

Bookmark   June 18, 2008 at 8:48PM
lina_2006

Hi joebayarea,
Any progress in your research you're willing to post? I'm looking for it in the Bay area too. I am actually considering using it for a full backsplash depending on pricing.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 5:51PM
karalouise

Does anyone have a clue about Caesarstone's Concetto collection? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the White Quartz Concetto but heard that it is $600 a sq.ft!! Any truth to that?

Here is a link that might be useful: White Quartz Concetto Collection

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 7:29PM
californiaem

If you are in the Bay Area, you might actually want to head to San Leandro, there is a Ceasarstone outlet there, call ahead to make an appointment. My husband and I went several weeks ago and saw some slabs (didn't have the one we loved in production anymore---the peppercorn--we went with granite). They might be willing to sell it to you directly and save you $$$. You could also ask them if they recommend any fabricators.

Bookmark   July 18, 2008 at 11:48PM
acho

Hi Californiaem,

can you let us know the name of the casestone outlet in San Leandro?
Thanks

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 3:47PM
sfobayarea

Here u go..
2500 Teagarden Street
San Leandro, CA 94577

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 12:01AM
eastbaymom

We used the highest end stuff, needed 2 slabs, and did a mitered edge. We paid $5500 I think, for 60 square feet. Obviously cost was not much of a factor for us -- we knew we were splurging, and wanted a fabricator with a good reputation.

We are in the East Bay area, in Pleasanton, but our fabricator is up in towards Benicia/Concord. Email me privately if you want me to track down the fabricator's contact information.

If you are uncertain that you will be happy, let me reassure you that we love ours, and we have had no problems with staining, etching, or chipping at all. Our seams are absolutely invisible. We love it!

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 3:45AM
pugrolls

Are you a Costco member? If so, check out their website (search for "countertops" on the home page). When I looked into it they were much cheaper than the big box stores around here.

Bookmark   August 25, 2010 at 12:04PM
More Discussions
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
Kitchen layout...make better use of current space and expand storage!
I'm hoping to get a few ideas on how to improve the...
rowan1099
Dishwasher in white, black or panel??
My 17 year old dishwasher needs to be replaced. It...
shellking
Review our Kitchen Remodel
We are starting our first kitchen remodel and I wanted...
miraspasov
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™