What goes where?
I've been reworking the draft of our kitchen layout (thanks everyone!), and have been assessing what's in our current kitchen and trying to find a home for everything on paper. I want to put the right cabinets in the right places. Does anyone have a ready-made list of "what goes where"? Such as:
- Cereal and canned goods go in the pantry
- silverware and glasses near the dishwasher
- potholders go near the stove
- Most appropriate place for the trash can
- best place for storage of cookie sheets, measuring cups, etc.
- etc, etc, etc (Someone, somewhere must have done this before, right? Feel free to mention even the most obvious!)
This is like putting a puzzle together!
I'm sure there's some universals, and some that depend on the particular set-up. Ours is shaping up to be an L-shape with an island.