Cookware advice please! Old nonstick is tainting my potatoes!
I bought a very cheap set of cookware (nonstick of course!) from Walmart when I first moved out on my own. Now 5 years later..... it's pretty awful! It's time to get a real set. I need advice! Around 'these here parts' the best cookware you find in a kitchen is Paula Deen or Racheal Ray ;)
I do realize there has been discussion over this topic and I did attempt to search but found nothing incredibly helpful.
A little about me -
I love to cook and cook something every day. I do live alone so I cook for one about 60% of the time. The other 40% is for gathering of less than 15. My cooktop is electric. The valuable things I own are a cast iron skillet (love it) and a better homes and garden 12 quart stainless steel pot which seems a bit too large for me. (I really like this one too and it was bought out of necessity at Walmart awhile back.)
I like the looks of stainless steel but for instance the pot I have now is specific for washing care. I want things I can put in the dishwasher.
I want a quality set that will last for a very,very long time. I am young and hopefully I will have the joy of using these things for years to come.
Any input would be helpful! I really am at a loss here!
I do not want to purchase some expensive cookware and not be valuable to my kitchen arsenal. TIA!!