Kitchen Design help - first draft from cabinet company
I just received the first draft of our kitchen design, and I�m not pleased. It doesn�t include many items I ask for, but before I go back and ask for everything I wanted, I thought I would post here and ask for some feedback so that I can get it all included in the plan at the same time.
A bit of background
- I know the plans don�t have dimensions, this sucks, but there is nothing I can do. I just emailed the designer regarding what the aisle sizes are, and also what the number notations stand for. I will follow up when I receive that information. To provide some perspective the kitchen is 19� by 14�
- The cabinets on either side of the window will have a glass front, and glass sides.
- The majority of our dishes will be stored in drawers near the main sink and the dishwasher.
- I requested and was quoted on all lower drawers. You can see this plan doesn�t live up to that.
- We will eat breakfast and quick meals in the kitchen, most dinners in the dining room (dining room below)
- I know the pantry is far from the fridge. I�m okay with this.
- We are currently a family of three, our little one is only 7 months old. We hope to have one more child eventually.
Here are the changes and details we asked for:
- Seating on two sides of the island (facing windows and along the side where the pantry/ovens are)
- replace the tall wine fridge with an under counter model. We are open to suggestions for where the under counter model should be placed.
- Also, we have selected all of our appliances, other than the hood. (Bosch 800 Series double oven, Bosch 800 Series Induction 36" stovetop, 2 Bosch 800 Series Dishwashers, Samsung Microwave drawer (have not decided on size), LG counter depth fridge)
- Our ceilings are 9 high in the kitchen, so it too low for stacked cabinets, but it is also too high for a standard cabinet height to go to the ceiling. Below is a trim option that I like to make up that small difference.
- The cabinets that are on either side of the windows, should have a glass front and sides (like beekeepers wife),
- The pantry should have cabinet doors, similar to this photo.
The things we need help with
- What direction should the prep sink be in?
- Where should the trash go?
- Where should the microwave drawer go?
- Anything else?