Kitchen Design help - first draft from cabinet company
I just received the first draft of our kitchen design, and I�m not pleased. It doesn�t include many items I ask for, but before I go back and ask for everything I wanted, I thought I would post here and ask for some feedback so that I can get it all included in the plan at the same time.
A bit of background
- I know the plans don�t have dimensions, this sucks, but there is nothing I can do. I just emailed the designer regarding what the aisle sizes are, and also what the number notations stand for. I will follow up when I receive that information. To provide some perspective the kitchen is 19� by 14�
- The cabinets on either side of the window will have a glass front, and glass sides.
- The majority of our dishes will be stored in drawers near the main sink and the dishwasher.
- I requested and was quoted on all lower drawers. You can see this plan doesn�t live up to that.
- We will eat breakfast and quick meals in the kitchen, most dinners in the dining room (dining room below)
- I know the pantry is far from the fridge. I�m okay with this.
- We are currently a family of three, our little one is only 7 months old. We hope to have one more child eventually.
Here are the changes and details we asked for:
- Seating on two sides of the island (facing windows and along the side where the pantry/ovens are)
- replace the tall wine fridge with an under counter model. We are open to suggestions for where the under counter model should be placed.
- Also, we have selected all of our appliances, other than the hood. (Bosch 800 Series double oven, Bosch 800 Series Induction 36" stovetop, 2 Bosch 800 Series Dishwashers, Samsung Microwave drawer (have not decided on size), LG counter depth fridge)
- Our ceilings are 9 high in the kitchen, so it too low for stacked cabinets, but it is also too high for a standard cabinet height to go to the ceiling. Below is a trim option that I like to make up that small difference.
- The cabinets that are on either side of the windows, should have a glass front and sides (like beekeepers wife),
- The pantry should have cabinet doors, similar to this photo.
Here are the plans from the kitchen cabinet place.
Plans in our floor plans
Alternate proposed by GW previously
The things we need help with
- What direction should the prep sink be in?
- Where should the trash go?
- Where should the microwave drawer go?
- Anything else?