Countertop with white cabinets?

zarko123May 10, 2013

Hi,
We are putting in white glossy kitchen cabinets and I am having trouble picking a countertop. I was initially looking at a Cambria quartz from the jewels collection but I'm not loving it so I am looking for ideas...Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
John Kaminski

We're re-doing our kitchen with glossy white lacquer cabinets too. Countertops will be grey concrete. It's hard to recommend color options without knowing what the rest of the kitchen is like (floors, appliances, etc), but think that a matte grey/dark grey counter compliments glossy white cabs well. Wouldn't make the countertops too busy, more solid.

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 10:34AM
zarko123

Thanks for replying! Today I found a Ceaserstone concrete quartz countertop which seems nice. I brought a sample home and then noticed that it leaves behind fingerprints. I tried wiping but the water streaks stay on for a while..

The appliiances will be white, haven't picked a backsplash and don't know the floor yet either.

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 12:32AM
35ftcabo

My sister built her house almost 20 years ago and did the glossy white cabs. She used emerald blue pearl granite. Her kitchen till looks good - a very clean, timeless contemporary style. She has a neutral-ish gray speckle tile floor and white appliances.

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 5:44AM
More Discussions
Almost Finished - Stained cabinets/Green Granite
After almost a year, our simple "facelift"...
annac54
Would this open shelf look OK between the wall oven and range hood?
I need a quick decision made so DH can carry on with...
laughablemoments
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
Can anybody plz recommend a custom cabinetmaker in South Denver area?
Hello! This is my first time posting; I'm in the first...
ponderosafarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™