Paint for kitchen

bklvrMay 1, 2013

We have a small kitchen with cherry cabinets and floor, dark grey green granite and a light grey backsplash. There are four large windows in the room...The kitchen opens directly into a very large room painted in Hawthorne yellow; on the other side of the room and through a standard size door is the dining room painted in Buxton Blue.

The kitchen used to be a warm terra cotta- I just painted it Wyeth Blue. It feels too cold and clinical. Any ideas for an alternate color?????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FoxCrane

Can you post a photo?

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 1:56AM
Holly- Kay

Did you like the terra cota? How about BM Terra Bella or Casa Bella? They are both colors I am considering in my own kitcen though I will have a better handle on it once cabinets and counter tops are in place.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 4:10PM
meyersdvm

I really like Ellen Kennon's Gustavian Grey. I am a warm toned kinda girl and almost everything in my house is cream, tan or brown. However, I like her Gustavian Grey so much that I have used it in this home and the last. It is very chameleon like and can read grey, green or blue all depending on the time of day and lighting.

Hope that helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ellen Kennon paint

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 8:00PM
amharris

metersdvm--thanks for the link to the Ellen Kennon paint! I wasn't familiar with her paint, but love what I read about it!

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 2:24PM
Holly- Kay

The Gustavian Grey is just lovely. I am loving the honeysuckle too. I am not sure at all what I will do in my kitchen color wise!

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 10:00AM
meyersdvm

I went with EK's Enhanced Classic Cream. She recommended it after I sent her photos of my space. Her Classic Cream wasn't quite right, but the Enhanced is perfect. She has lovely colors and was very helpful!

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 12:03PM
More Discussions
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
Unsealed leathered Virginia Mist?
My Virginia Mist/Jet Mist counters are installed and...
juliedrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™