small galley kitchen colors

itstime2014May 3, 2014

hi all, ok, its small 8' x 10' and 43'' between refrigerator door and cabinet opposite, hope some of you were sitting down when you just read that. its worked for me and its what I'm working with. I've picked out shaker door cabs in a cider maple finish and will extend red oak floor from small, theres that word again eating area into kitchen. I've really fallen for a marble mosaic backsplash. my choice for countertop would be absolute black granite which would also pop up on the 12'' between stove and refrigerator and the top of the cab in the corner. stainless steel sink. my question(s) then are what color appliances. stainless to match the sink? white to pick up the marble. black to pick up the countertop. is white too jarring with the black poking up here and there? should i just switch to a lighter/white granite counter top and go that route with white appliances? wall color is leaning to pale sages. thanks for your time, advice(other than to just move) and thoughts. dave

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
itstime2014

heres the cab color. thanks, dave

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 10:54PM
sjhockeyfan325

Beautiful cabinet color. I'd personally go with the black counters and stainless appliances, as long as you understand they won't be easy to keep fingerprint-free.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 10:56PM
crl_

I would go with stainless appliances.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 11:31PM
texasgal47

Everything sounds nice for your space. Same response here -- go stainless. It will reflect light so will help to lighten the kitchen. Also agree with prior posters that like the black counters with your wood cabinets. By the way, enjoyed your running commentary. You have quite the sense of humor.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 12:48AM
mgmum

I too like stainless with the wooden cabs and black countertops! My kitchen is almost the same but I only have about 36" for an aisle between the cabinet runs.

We chose the same look for just about everything, except I chose Ikea white shaker cabinets and a black stone look resilient vinyl tile floor. My counters will be Black Alicante laminate, which looks like a black marble or soapstone. I'm on a small budget! I agree about the stainless being tough to keep fingerprint free, especially if you have kids.

We have excellent taste! :) Mine should be done next week (except the backsplash) if the counters come in and I'll post pics then.

Bookmark   May 4, 2014 at 8:50AM
itstime2014

many thanks to you all for your thoughtful replies. your input has helped me decide, stainless steel appliances it will be. glad you enjoyed my attempts at humor, texasgal, I've found it's really helped to be able laugh every now and then during this kitchen project.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 10:18AM
Mags438

I believe I learned it here - try wd40 for cleaning stainless steel. It works!

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 7:19AM
bruins47

I love the color of green. My favorite paint is benjamin moore. They now have an eggshell finish that is washable. I put it in my bathroom--it does clean well. I will be using it again in my kitchen. One of my favorite green colors is Classic Khaki from ben moore.

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™