Need backsplash help, please...

suzy770May 11, 2013

We are almost done our new kitchen, Thank G-d. But I am having trouble picking a backsplash.
Cabinets are amber/nutmeg custom color and granite is crema bordeaux. I'm thinking either very very pale green glass subway tiles (bring out the light green parts in the granite) or dark burgundy or brown tiles.
Anyone have any ideas??? PLEASE???

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

I would keep it neutral and bring color in with paint and accessories. Pick one of the neutral tones in your granite. You may not love burgundy in a few years...

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 10:45PM
miss_kenda

http://www.naturalstonesourceoutlet.com/_/rsrc/1336083743575/kitchen-countertops/Crema%20Bordeaux%20Island.jpg

I like this.

Bookmark   May 11, 2013 at 10:56PM
EAM44

Can you tell me your budget in $/sf?

It is a very pretty space. You've made some lovely choices. Right now the whole room is neutral. In fact, every surface is a slightly different shade of brown. It's like looking at a color strip with wall paint at the top, followed by floors, counter and cabs. And there's nothing wrong with that. You could choose a brown or a pale green and it'll look fine. But instead of enhancing the crema in your stone, you could highlight the copper, amethyst/garnet-y, or the smoky grey/black colors. Here are some other colors for you to consider.

Blacks/Greys

Coppers

Amethysts/Garnets

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 12:55AM
suzy770

Eam, so glad you said that. That is what I originally wanted to do- either dark grey or bring out the rusty like your last one, but at the tile store, with my samples of the granite, wood and floor, they were sceptical about those colours. I think the dark grey or rust is very nice and adds a lot to the kitchen. Thanks so much!!! :) Can you tell me where the last one is available? What company etc.?

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 1:19AM
snookums2

I like #4 golden colors or the last red brick tones. I would suggest painting the backsplash first with the color to see if you like it before taking the plunge.

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 5:50AM
EAM44

Isn't it a beautiful color? I'm excited that you WANT color. This is a glazed ceramic tile made by Solistone in a color called Russet. I liked the depth of color (saturation) and the gem stone-like hue. It comes in 6"x 6" squares ($4.30 per tile, so $17.20/sf) that you could possibly mount on the diagonal, or the 3" x 6" subway tile ($2.81 per tile or $22.48/sf) that would look fantastic either stacked, in a running bond, or in a herringbone pattern. You could choose to mix formats as well. I think it would be lovely in your space, and Solistone makes beautiful hand glazed tile. Definitely buy samples to get an idea of color variation. The prices I'm quoting are from one web site. You can look around for this tile elsewhere (sears, wayfair, amazon) and possibly find it at a better price. There are also trim pieces.

Here is a link that might be useful: Solistone Subway

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
Need help with kitchen layout
Looking for ideas. I think the island is too big at...
cinnamon01
What do you think of the deeper Ikea wall cabinets?
To me, it would seem that 15" deep is excessive....
Chinchette
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
How can I improve this layout?
How can I change this layout and still keep the sink...
houserookie
IKEA kitchen nearly done- so delayed
We've been extremely delayed!! The granite is going...
Chinchette
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™