Beige Cabinets instead of White anyone?

sanjuangirlMay 4, 2013

Has anyone done true beige kitchen cabinets instead of white or off white? I'm afraid that my kitchen will be too stark if I do white or off white cabinets since I have really big windows in there. I chose a white mother of pearl backsplash. My perimeter counters are black. The island will be dark wood with a white quartzite counter.The slab has lots of browns and beiges in it.

Here are a few that I've seen on Houzz, but not in person.

Traditional Kitchen by Portland Kitchen And Bath Robin Rigby Fisher CMKBD/CAPS

Contemporary Kitchen by St Louis Architect House Plans and More

Traditional Kitchen by San Francisco Interior Designer Artistic Designs for Living, Tineke Triggs

Traditional Kitchen by Irvine Interior Designer Passione

These beautiful kitchens make me think it'll work, but I'd love to see a "real" kitchen with cabinets this color. I figured that so many people are doing lovely gray cabinets, so why not beige?
Any thoughts or photos would help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andreak100

Right now, it seems as if grey cabinets are the "new white". I don't remember anyone here doing beige cabinets, but I would say to go for it and be a bit of a trendsetter. ;-) I especially like the 2nd and 3rd photos you posted.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:01PM
snookums2

I did and I absolutely love them! Surprisingly there are quite a few pictures around on Houzz. So it's not uncommon. I often see them in European kitchens too. My faucet is copper, sink Kohler biscuit. Happy yet mellow. Simply makes my heart sing.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:21PM
rosylady

My friend did a kitchen with Kraftmaid cabs in their khaki color and a mother of pearl mosaic backsplash. It is stunning!! I like it because the khaki is so much less common than white. It is a really sophisticated look with the MOP and the polished nickel hardware she used.

Her kitchen has lots of windows and faces south. When the sun shines in it positively glows.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 12:47AM
deedles

That would be beautiful. Why not?

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 1:52AM
rkb21

If you love it and it works in your space, I say go for it!

Love the 3rd inspiration picture you posted!

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 6:55AM
sanjuangirl

Thanks for responding!
Snookums, could you please post a picture or two so I can see it in a real, non posed photo? It would be helpful.:)
Rosy lady, sounds like your friend and I are on the same page! I'm excited about my backsplash and I'm happy to hear that it looks beautiful with her beige cabinets.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 9:10AM
More Discussions
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Sink Window - counter depth or slightly raised?
(I'm trying to limit my queries to 1/day - you have...
Carrie B
My Kitchen Renovation Using Scherr's RTA Cabinets Begins
We start demolition on Monday. We have been actively...
homechef59
Where do you keep your Aprons?
While DD is cleaning out all our kitchen cabinets,...
debrak_2008
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™