What does the inside of your shaker style door look like?

dermnpMay 24, 2013

I know an odd question but we had(have) a problem with our cabinets. While in delivery three weeks ago, a picture of the doors were sent to our KD and they had made the wrong doors. It was the correct shaker style but they put a raised panel on it, so they were sent back. We just got them back and I swear they just flipped the panel. There are raised panels on the inside now, KD says that is how they usually are in the inside but I don't recall the sample being like that. To me it is like sending your pizza back that wasn't supposed to have meat on it and they take the meat off and send it back to you and not make a new one as would be expected. Would love to hear your input. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Linelle

The inside of my shaker doors looks just like the front, only the panel is about half as recessed (shallow).

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:14PM
breezygirl

Mine are reversed raised panel shaker--what you described. I think they are more solid in feeling and construction than plain shaker. You've got a good thing!

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:20PM
Linelle

Seeing the inside of Breezy's door, and as long as the outside is what you want, I don't think it matters. I've had my new doors for over a year and I had to go look to tell you what the inside looked like. As long as it's well made and the front looks good, I would be happy.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 10:28PM
elofgren

That's how the Shakers would've made them.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 11:00PM
badgergal

Like Breezy's mine are raised on the inside.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 11:10PM
dermnp

You guys are the best!!! Totally put my mind at ease. We have had so many issues, I just didn't know what to think. One less thing to obsess about...thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 11:22PM
artemis78

To further put you at ease--this is a good thing! Ours don't have this (we had the option but it was more expensive so we chose to save money by not doing the raised panel) and the doors are definitely not as sturdy in feel as the original Shaker doors in our home, which are old school all wood doors that have the raised panels on the inside. I often wish we'd paid the extra to have them in the kitchen too (not that there's anything wrong with doing it the other way; it's just a much lighter-weight feel to the door).

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 12:14AM
More Discussions
Anyone have TCE4005 quartz counters (or any other carrara-lookalike)?
Hi there, I'm still in the process of trying to pick...
Melissa Silva
soapstone sinks
We are considering installing a soapstone farmhouse...
arch123
Is this what a mitered granite edge should look like?
We paid our granite fabricators for a mitered granite...
snookers1999
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™