Mixing 2 different grainite finishes

nikmikMay 23, 2013

Just ordered my cabinets today so now I am on to the granite counters. Does anyone have any pics of two different types of granite finishes in their kitchen? I was thinking of doing polished on the perimeter and leathered for the island.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fsteph

Hi nikmik, I'm going with Leathered antique brown granite on the perimeter and polished bianco antico on the island, project starts on Tuesday so I'll post pics once the counters are in (in 3 weeks or so!)

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 8:00AM
gpraceman55

Houzz is a great place to find photos of finished kitchens.

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 8:02AM
muskokascp

We have polished quartzite on the perimeter and soapstone on the island. The soapstone is quite matte. There are pictures on other threads that you should be able to find with a search.

Bookmark   May 24, 2013 at 9:45AM
nikmik

Thank you for your suggestions. I am on houzz and can't seem to find a way to query this, or anything else easily. Can you help them there?

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 8:42AM
nikmik

Thank you for your suggestions. I am on houzz but find it difficult to search anything on this site. Can you help me there ?

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 8:44AM
Linelle

I just tried a search at Houzz. Be sure to first click Kitchens. Then I tried "two different granites" and "two types of granite" and "two different counters." You might try variations of those search criteria. It does tend to yield more than one counter material, e.g., granite + soapstone/marble. It looks like some results are granite and either a different granite or perhaps quartz. It seems the key is they are different but coordinate, not like mixing two different plaids.

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 10:14AM
leela4

nikmik-I also have trouble navigating Houzz sometimes for specific information. If you click on an individual photo you can sometimes see questions others have asked about items in the pic. Sometimes those questions will include not only what you are interested in but the answers as well. Sometimes not. And you can also ask a specific question about something and hope someone will answer eventually.

It's a great resource but definitely not as interactive as GW.

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 11:08AM
leela4

Edited to delete double post

This post was edited by leela4 on Tue, May 28, 13 at 11:14

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Honed Vermont Danby marble countertop owners... Love it or leave it???
I am hoping to understand people's experience who have...
Pippin
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™