Kitchen sink advice needed

beachlover2May 1, 2013

Hi, the cabinets are almost in and I need a sink before they measure for granite. I have a fairly tight budget so I'm thinking of stainless or porcelain. Any advise of suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Do any of you have a good online source for sinks? I am a dance teacher who is trying to get a recital together in 3 weeks and make all of these remodeling decisions at the same time so .... HELP!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

There was a post here earlier that said the Franke Orca sink is on sale for 599. It is stainless and is a really nice sink. If I hadn't already planned on the Kohler Whitehaven the Orca would have been at the top of my list.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:58PM
waterdamage

Ticor stainless sinks are inexpensive and made of good quality stainless. We are very happy with ours and it was a serious savings over most sinks out there. They've been suggested on this site a lot, if you want to search for other recommendations.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 10:34PM
writersblock

Alas, ticor is no more.

Check with your granite guys as to what they offer. Some folks here like Artisan sinks, which some stone places offer as their free-with. (Some have real junk instead.)

Kraus sinks are also popular here (see overstock) and probably the closest thing to the late lamented Ticor sinks.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:12PM
SparklingWater

A good online site for ease of narrowing by choices/specs and prices is faucetdirectdotcom imo. GL. Love hearing piano music.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:25PM
More Discussions
Kitchen cracking in back panels
We had brand new white shaker cabinets installed in...
siegel438
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Neolith polished Classtone?
Has anyone seen any of the new neolith classtone surfaces...
nels1678
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™