What color white cabinets with silestone lagoon?

mandkirswillMay 7, 2013

Has anyone used silestone lagoon counters in their kitchen with white cabinets? If so, what color white paint did you use? Any photos would be appreciated, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kompy

I went with Silestone Lagoon quartz tops with white painted cabinets by Plain & Fancy. The color is called Cascade White. It's not a white white....and doesn't have too much yellow in it.

I also was worried about doing a white marble backsplash but found a perfect tile at The Tile Shop that has more swirlies with grey. Some of the other marble subway tiles I saw had too much yellow and gold in them (ie Florida Tile).

I am going with Ace Hardware Paint "Clark & Kensington" in either Harbor Lane #1044 or Union Pier #1034. The first is a pale robin's egg blue/aqua. The second is equally as muted but more of a colonial slate blue.

My kitchen colors will be more on the cool side (greys, blues, blacks).

Kompy

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 2:26PM
mandkirswill

Beautiful! Thats very similar to what I will be doing in my kitchen. Are you happy with the Silestone? I am trying to decide between the Lagoon and Cambria Torquay.

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 3:08PM
kompy

I am a KD and have been watching the quartz colors come and go throughout the years. We even have a Caesarstone Misty Carrera display top in our showroom that we've had since it first came out (early 2000s). Misty Carrera has always been my favorite. Torquay is very nice too.. But my favorite is NOW Silestone Lagoon. I like that it has less of a solid white background. Some people don't like the graininess of it (the small speckles). But I like that more than a solid white with grey streaks. I prefer it over any other white marble look-a-like out on the market today.

I first got it on my bathroom vanity earlier this year in Lagoon. Then loved it so much I just knew it would be perfect for my kitchen as well. The photos do not do the Lagoon countertops justice.

Here's closer up...but still....photos do not show the beauty.

Kompy

1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 4:07PM
mandkirswill

Thanks Kompy! That really does look beautiful. What color did you paint your cabinets? Also what are you planning for backsplash? I would like some contrast - I can't decide whether I should do Lagoon on the island and some kind of grey counter on the perimeter with white backsplash OR paint the island grey. Curious what you are planning. Thanks!

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 12:22AM
mandkirswill

Thanks Kompy! That really does look beautiful. What color did you paint your cabinets? Also what are you planning for backsplash? I would like some contrast - I can't decide whether I should do Lagoon on the island and some kind of grey counter on the perimeter with white backsplash OR paint the island grey. Curious what you are planning. Thanks!

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 12:39AM
blondelle

Kompy, your kitchen is gorgeous. I didn't know the Lagoon also had larger patches of in veining it. Looks very good. What is the name of the tile you selected from the Tile Shop? I was looking to use Frosty Carrina with real marble subways. The Crossville Unicorn tile, which I think is China White marble, seems to go, but I haven't seen a larger piece of the FC in person to see how much veining there is.

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 11:09AM
kompy

"What color did you paint your cabinets? Also what are you planning for backsplash? I would like some contrast - I can't decide whether I should do Lagoon on the island and some kind of grey counter on the perimeter with white backsplash OR paint the island grey. Curious what you are planning. Thanks!"

Mandkirswill, I selected a factory finish from my cabinet manufacturer called Cascade White. It is not a Sherwin Williams finish. Sorry can't help you there.

After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with a white marble subway tile and then paint my walls. This way, I can change out my color scheme whenever I want. The Tile Shop has a gorgeous pale green marble subway tile that I almost went with....but then I'd be tied to green forever.

The tile I went with is called Meram Blanc in a 3x6....which is new and not on the shelves or their website yet. Click link below to see it on their website...or see my picture below of the store's sample board. It goes GREAT with fake quartz marble tops like Lagoon or Torquay!

You should go with what you love! But I am considering a grey island as the next phase and then putting on a CraftArt wood top on it. I love my light white perimeters...I think I would tire of a grey top unless it has the same type pattern as a marble.

Here is a link that might be useful: Meram Blanc

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 1:03PM
firstmmo

Kompy: Can you get a few more pics of the counter? I love your backsplash choice, Very pretty!

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 12:18AM
kompy

Closeup for firsthouse! I don't have many pics....I have one more I'll send. I'll take more when it's all done with the backsplash.

K

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 12:56PM
kompy

Last one

Bookmark   May 10, 2013 at 12:59PM
NAN95

Kompy,

Can't wait to see your kitchen with the backsplash. :)

Nan

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 5:57PM
boone_2009

Mandkirswill : My cabinets will be White Icing by Schuler( with Silestone Lagoon). I hope it will look okay with the Lagoon when installed - fingers crossed.

Kompy, I'd love to see pics of your backsplash, too.
Since you are a KD, may I pick your designing brain ;-) and ask what *you* would do for a backsplash that will tie in a Saltillo-look-alike tile floor and a brick cooktop alcove?

Bookmark   July 10, 2013 at 7:27PM
kompy

My tile is in but painting of the trim and walls won't be done until August when I get back from vacation.

Here are a few more pictures of the Lagoon with my tile backsplash!

Kompy

Bookmark   July 12, 2013 at 4:38PM
boone_2009

That's one beautiful backsplash, Kompy! Goes perfectly with Lagoon. You must post pics of your kitchen when everything is done - can't wait to see it!

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 9:22PM
sparklebread

Kompy, that is gorgeous! Please consider posting a long shot of the wall with the backsplash for all to drool over!

Bookmark   July 15, 2013 at 9:36PM
kompy

Thanks everybody! More pics to come when painter finishes up.....probably not until August sometime. :-(

I told him to put me on backburner until I get back from vacation and financially recuperate some. ;-)

Kompy

1 Like    Bookmark   July 16, 2013 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Need help on storing root vegetables
Can anyone help me with ideas to store my root veges...
sl4321
Cabinet installation cost (not including cabinets themselves)
We are remodeling our kitchen (complete gut and changing...
schiari211
Bungalow galley kitchen layout
Hello GW'ers! I'm new to the forum and have been so...
motok1w
Help with kitchen layout - main issue is where to put the ovens
I need to finalize my kitchen design so all feedback/suggestions...
keagle
Interesting New Faucet - Brizo Articulating Faucet
I came across some pics of this faucet, and was curious...
ak0402
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™