Granite seam problem

janeflahertyMay 29, 2013

Any opinions about this seam? I don't understand why they did the short angle which cause a big chip that they glued back in.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
akl_vdb

I'm not an expert by any means, just a picky home owner, and that doesn't look right. I think I saw your post in another thread. I'd be ticked if that was mine.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 9:35PM
janeflaherty

Yeah, I'm not happy about it. Thanks. I'm new to this forum and am a posting maniac right now to be sure it gets seen:)

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 9:53PM
snookums2

That's terrible. I hope you have not paid in full yet. If so, I hope it was by credit card.

Unacceptable. Have you spoken with them yet?

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 10:05PM
MikeJrNY

I agree - that seam is terrible and not acceptable. I've seen many finished counter-tops that appears to be a mistake. Contact your granite fabricator and have them replace it.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 12:16AM
janeflaherty

Thanks. I'm glad others see the same thing. The fabricator rep and I are meeting next week.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 1:57AM
meyersdvm

I'm not an expert by any means, but my fabricator called that a Euro seam. That is the kind that is slated to go in my granite. He explained they use a vacuum process to make the seam as invisible as possible. There must be a good reason they use it, but it does not look like yours as well executed. I would certainly not be pleased with that, but hopefully they can fix it on site to meet your expectations.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 6:51AM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

They just need to color match the epoxy better. The seam itself isn't an issue. It does't even look like they have any epoxy in the seam.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 7:25AM
janeflaherty

Very helpful comments. Thank you. The fabricator is a Sacramento, CA, Home Depot contractor, and they were very responsive when they saw the picture. I will post after the inspection next week.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 11:31AM
kevdp4

That is a euro-miter, usually they are done to get better yield out of the slabs. Some companies prefer them because they use equipment that will only do straight runs. ( no "L" shaped pieces). It is fairly common.
They should be able to improve the chipped and filled area.

Bookmark   May 30, 2013 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
Tile all over range and just one row up elsewhere
I have been looking for backsplash tile and found cheap...
crl_
Corian Countertop -Show your pics!
Hi, I'm considering installing a corian countertop...
MercerM
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
How do I get a rich, warm, chocolate brown stain on oak cabinets?
We originally wanted white cabinets, but the painter...
aryno
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™