White fridge on white cabinets?

skubaMay 13, 2013

Hi, we are working 6square white (linen) shaker cabinets, it's the same as cliqstudios white Dayton style. Due to our limited space we are going to buy a specific Samsung fridge and it's available in stainless silver, stainless platinum, white and black. I am thinking about getting the white, but wondering if the colors would clash.
Unfortunately this fridge or any samsung appliance in white can't be found in any local stores, so I can't see it in person.

This is the cabinet (problem is that each picture has different light and quality):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=570683546299144&set=pb.156666141034222.-2207520000.1368489569.&type=3&theater

This is the fridge:

http://www.sears.com/samsung-18.0-cu-ft-bottom-freezer-refrigerator/p-04685472000P?prdNo=30&blockNo=30&blockType=G30

Do you guys have any idea what shade of white is this fridge?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skuba

I am so glad I decided to stop at a Best Buy even though the site sad they didn't have the fridge in white.

Now I can answer my own question. It wouldn't look good. The cabinets white is warmer and looks yellowish next to the samsung white fridge. See image.

I really wanted the white to work, but I think SS will work better in this case.

Thanks

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 11:58PM
justmakeit

Wow, you stopped at Best Buy AND you had cabinet samples with you! (I'm never that organized.) I agree that the two whites are very different, and that stainless seems a better way to go here.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 9:16AM
raee_gw

I think that I saw that platinum color yesterday. Very interesting, sort of a cross between SS and antique brass. Might look good with these yellow-y off whites.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 12:27PM
rosie

Skuba, decorators often don't try to choose everything for matching whites, a difficult to sometimes impossible task. Instead, they bring in more whites for a more complex, and usually more satisfying, look than one white all over would give. Shadow lines also contribute more shades of white, as do other types of "texture." If you use national light, your whites will change throughout the day (often ruining attempts at "perfect" matches). Will there be any other whites in other surfaces you've chosen or brought in? In your counter or backsplash for instance? Curtains, dishtowels, picture matting, decorative creamware?

Also, that picture is under Best Buy lights, not your own. Would the difference appear as strong at home?

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 12:42PM
skuba

Rosie, those whites would look off under most lights. It's better to avoid I think.

Thanks

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 12:51PM
carolmka

I have 15 year old white cabinets with new white appliances. I am picky about colors and I think they look fine. I did not go with ss because I did not want the appliances visually sticking out.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 2:21PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

White and off white can co-exist just fine. THe trick is to use many different shades and textures so it looks deliberate. And it's much more interesting than having giant swaths of the same color. It has more life.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 2:50PM
susanlynn2012

I think Stainless Steel would look better. Please post pictures when you are done your kitchen.

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 11:49PM
mermanmike

I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love different shades of white together. I have off white cabs and bright white appliances. I haven't regretted it, and yet I know some would prefer stainless to this look so it's a matter of opinion.

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 8:21AM
More Discussions
Framed beaded inset or frameless? Same price
I finally have decided on Cabinet wood and cabinet...
Traumanurse1
Conestoga essence line or merrilat classic with upgrades
Has anyone worked with the Conestoga essence line cabinets?...
jgHG
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Anyone have TCE4005 quartz counters (or any other carrara-lookalike)?
Hi there, I'm still in the process of trying to pick...
Melissa Silva
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™