Overwhelmed by sink options -- recommendations please

rachelgoldbergMay 28, 2013

We are starting a big addition on our house, including a new kitchen. I know we want an undermount and single basin sink. I donâÂÂt like the look or feel of stainless. Beyond that, IâÂÂm overwhelmed by the options for kitchen sinks. I was considering a white enamel over cast iron, but I was reminded by someoneâÂÂs post about how pots often leave little grey strikes. Easily scrubbed out, but thatâÂÂs always been a little annoying feature of white cast iron sinks. I recently came across posts of people raving about composite granite sinks. But the main brand people seem to like is Blanco Silgranite, and they only seem to offer sinks that are deeper than weâÂÂd like. Ideally, IâÂÂd like a sink with the basin about 8â deep (especially since itâÂÂs going to be an undermount) and the basin at least 27 long, and very easy maintenance. WeâÂÂre getting quartz counters and I love the idea of the integrated quartz sink from silestone, but the dimensions are too small. Any recommendations for a sink that fits this criteria? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

The grey marks in cast iron would be eliminated by using an appropraite ss sink grid. We are putting in a Kohler Whitehaven apron front sink and I ordered the sink grid last week in anticipation of the sink install.

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 8:02PM
Tricia21

I have the whitehaven with no grid and have yet to get any streaks from pots

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 8:18PM
pseudochef

I am really liking my new Silgranit single bowl sink. It's my favorite thing about my new kitchen. I got the stainless grid to go with it and think it's awesome. My husband even comments on how great the new set up is.

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 8:24PM
nosoccermom

I've had a white cast iron sink for 20+ years --- no grid. I wash all my pots and pans in there, grill racks, etc. I usually clean the grid marks off with a scrubby sponge, and every now and then, put bleach in my sink. That does the trick.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 9:11AM
ijensen

I purchased a new Elkay Harmony E-Granite Sink for my kitchen remodel and I'm anxious to get it installed. They are a very beautiful sink!! I especially love the lower sink divider since we usually just used the sink for washing larger items, putting the dishes in the dish washer.

Bookmark   May 29, 2013 at 11:05AM
More Discussions
Gap between backsplash and over-the-range microwave?
Hi, all. Does anyone have an over-the-range microwave...
hjs
How big of a range do you need for 13+ feet of wall?
We are narrowing down our kitchen design bit by bit,...
veroni2413
Silestone lena
Has anyone used Silestone "Lena" quartz in...
magnoliahome205
KitchenCraft - will they last a lifetime?
Fell in love with a specific painted door when cruising...
lookintomyeyes83
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Sponsored Products
Christopher Knight Home Nottingham Brown Bonded Leather Folding Storage Ottoman
Overstock.com
Muse Ceiling Fan by Quorum International
$298.00 | Lumens
Rialto Chrome Triple Concealed Thermostatic Shower Faucet 2 Outlets
Hudson Reed
Flute Multi Light Pendant
Lightology
Single Bowl Copper Bathroom Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets