pull out faucets that work

char35May 4, 2013

We remodeled our kitchen about 1 yr. ago. Installed a Chrome Moen faucet, single handle with pull out. One year later it won't rotate unless I use two hands and the pull out is very stiff and difficult to take in and out. I installed a similar one 5 yrs. ago in white plastic ( I guess it's plastic) in my utility room and it works fine. Plumber says the kitchen one is junk and get a new one.

O.K. I've looked at Delta, Kohler and Grohe. When looking at customer comments I find similar problems with these also. How much do I have to spend to get a faucet that lasts for 10 yrs. instead of 1yr.? I've used Moen for 40 yrs. and never had problems until now. Does anyone have suggestions for one that is dependable? I was hoping to spend $200.00 or less.
Thanks for your replies!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginny20

Moen has lifetime guarantee, don't they? I'd call them. Their customer service is supposed to be very helpful. I know that some people have gotten replacement parts free through the mail from customer service.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 7:48PM
Holly- Kay

Char does it have to be a pull out or could it be a pull down. I think Chicago faucets get really good reviews though I can't remember what all they have. I believe that Ginny is correct about Moen having a life time warranty.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 8:12PM
bpathome

We "inherited" a Price-Pfister pull-out faucet when we bought this house I 2004; we think it was installed either just before our purchase, or in 2001 with other remodeling. About 5 years ago, the spray/stream selection wasn't keeping when you turned off the water, and a crack developed in the faucet, so I called Price-Pfister about that lifetime guarantee. Sure enough, they sent me a new faucet! I chose to have a plumber install it because the cabinet access is so tight with the center stile, so I did have to pay for that. I love my Price-Pfister. If Moen has a life warranty, call them!

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 8:24PM
Maria33904

Just checked with my husband, who is a plumber. He says yes, Moen will send a new faucet. Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 9:33PM
andreak100

Definitely call Moen - we have one installed in our kitchen and when I was having an issue, I called them and they were extremely helpful - sent a replacement part and walked me through what I needed to do to replace it.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 11:04PM
More Discussions
A different way to deal with the blind corner issue
I think this would require a very specific place to...
raenjapan
Floor for White Kitchen?
Our original plan was wood look tile with white cabinets....
annaw_123
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
Dishwasher placement: 36" or 12" from the sink???
I have seen several pix of DW been placed NOT next...
eleena
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™