FINALLY got paint-now need help with fireplace

bahaccaMay 16, 2013

So, several months after b/s install we finally decided on paint color. Lucky me got to do the honors since the quote came back WAY too high for me to swallow. So now our beautiful brown walls HIGHLIGHT and old, ugly white brick fireplace.
So-question is-what would you do with the fireplace now? Cheapest thing I can think of is to paint it the color of the wall to "hide" it again. Covering with tile or slab are possibilities, but what would you use? Our granite in the kitchen is emerald pearl, so basically black, so, IMO, too dark to go there. I originally wanted my kitchen a darker granite with whites in it that was really flowing like Spectrus-would that work or still too dark? You guys are the best on the web with materials and colors, so thought I'd ask you all for input. Stone slab, even using remnants will be about $1500 for a Spectrus grade material. FWIW, they have remnants of FUSION that I may get for our master bedroom fireplace;-)

Kitchen-yep-it's lived in. Get over it!LOL And the window needs a simple valance. I'm working on it:-)

closeup of b/s and new paint so you know i'm not crazy for picking the color-goes REALLY well with our accent tiles

The room I Love--except the stinking fireplace!

The offender

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
remodelfla

short of chipping out the raised part of the FP, and tiling it... I really think if you put something large over the fireplace it would help. Maybe a large mirror and if it had a white frame, it might pull it together.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 8:34PM
More Discussions
Unsanded or Sanded Grout for Subway Tile Backsplash
We recently installed a white mini subway tile backsplash...
carvyn
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Baker Cherry Shaker doors vs IKEA Laxarby doors
Please advise on Baker doors. I am going to get IKEA...
enduring
"Ledge" sinks and accessories -- do you use them?
I'm considering an undermount stainless sink that has...
denizenx
Sponsored Products
Heathered Flatweave Rug 9' x 12' - IVORY
$1,299.00 | Horchow
Domus Ventures Bonassola Conversation Set - Seats 4 - 722HN
Hayneedle
Dainty Beige Wallpaper R1134, double roll
Walls Republic
Dolly Folding Chair by Kartell
$420.00 | Lumens
Butler Artists' Originals Mansfield Bench In Cafe Noir
Beyond Stores
New Medallion 6'x9' High Quality Wool Heriz Hand Knotted Serapi Floral Rug H5834
BH Sun Inc
Vintage Metal Birds Base Grape Painted Tiffany Table Lamp
ParrotUncle
Casper Ghost Bar Stool Set of 2 in Clear
$300.00 | LexMod
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™