Bostonians...need your 'secret rolodex'

navi_jenMay 23, 2013

Bostonians (aka fsteph, Marcolo, bostonpam, sharonite, chiefy76, beachpea3, oldbat2be, mjocean)

I have just started started on my big, likely 2 or 3 phased project for my tiny little 1928 farmhouse in the near NW 'burbs (inside Rt. 128)....just signed a letter of intent for my architect's first phase (existing layout). I hope the project phases will be thus:

#1. Kitchen/Bath renovation, replacing of heating & plumbing
#2. Add 2 story addition off the side, including (hopefully) a garage, family room, 1/2 bath down and master bedroom upstairs.

If you guys have recommendations for any tradesmen, provider, retail outlet, architectural salvage store, dog walker (just kidding), surveyer, landscape designer, or whatever....could you post it here or PM me? I've only been in the house 2 years, and I'll be honest, I haven't had the best of luck with A rated Angie's list contractors.

I love my electrician and may have found a floor guy (who is very expensive) but other than that, I need any and all help you are willing to provide. I even wouldn't mind any old house architect recommendations, just in case my guy doesn't cut it.

Thanks, nervous Jen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fsteph

Hi Jen,

I'm in Acton, so a little further out than you.. My kitchen remodel is being done by a fantastic KD and her husband is the GC, they are in Littleton, not sure if I can post names here so I will PM you.
Also have a good plumber to suggest. It's really hard to find reliable people!

Steph

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 8:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mjocean

Hi Navi,
My kitchen project is in Edgartown so I can't be much help with trades people. However, I do highly recommend Faneuil Kitchen Cabinets if you are planning custom cabinets. They do beautiful work and are a pleasure to work with at every step of the process. Their phone # is (781) 740-8844. You my want to try reaching out to Soibean, I think she lives closer to you and was very happy with her GC.
Best of luck with your project.
MJ

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 8:57AM
More Discussions
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
How many cabinet estimates do you get?
Uggh, I tried to search but am giving up. We are considering...
najames
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™