Calling all white cabinet lovers- what colors did you paint your

owataqtMay 6, 2012

What color and share photos if you would be so kind.. please did you paint your kitchens. Have to narrow down the kitchen color tommorrow.

Those that have white cabinets ...would love to see.

Huggles

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasgal47

Sorry I don't have any photos. My walls are gold and cabinets are biscotti with cocoa glaze (cream with light brown glaze). Almost any color goes with gold.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 7:08PM
texanniew

we painted our cabinets SW Divine White and the walls are SW Latte.
Not the best pic..sorry

Here is a link that might be useful: paint colors

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 7:17PM
carybk

SW Dover White. Sorry no pics handy. It's quite creamy.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 8:56PM
willtv

Here's a shot of our black & white kitchen.

The walls are a 50/50 mix of BM Pigeon Grey & Metallic Silver.
The color you choose may depend on a number of factors, including style of home, color of adjoining rooms, amount of natural light, color of countertops, etc.
Keep in mind that paint color is the easiest and least expensive change you can make.
So don't worry too much about your color choice and post some pics when you're finished.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 9:17PM
MIssyV

Ben Moore's Linen White... its warm, almost creamy is low lighting. Not a stark white by any stretch of the imagination. You should be able to find ample white kitchens on this site if you have time to search before tomorrow.

Shot of island....

Sorry, old pics :/

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 9:48PM
tarinala

This is the best picture showing the color we chose - SW Rain.
It just makes me happy to be in there.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 9:48PM
DJHinVA

This article on is Houzz really well done and shows the differences in whites so well. I just loved it.

here's the link
http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/416809/list/How-to-Pick-the-Right-White-Paint

i have an "antique" white cabinet coming and I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 10:44PM
jjdcl

White Dove from Valspar, but I had it color matched at SW. It's a little creamier than BM Dove White, but not as creamy as SW Creamy. Those were the two I was torn between so when I saw the Valspar I thought it was perfect since it was right in between.

I would try and decide if you want a true white or a creamy white. Do you have an idea of what you want your kitchen to look like when you're done? Have you chosen your granite?

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 11:20PM
owataqt

My cabinets are being painted marscapone ..I have been painting them since Friday- still not done..ayayyaa..got the bead board up on the island, going to lowes tommorrow to get the backsplash tile, either off white or white..not sure yet
And was going to pick up the paint for my walls, their a rusty red right now, and Iam so tired of the red walls.

Just wanted to see what you painted on your walls, rather u popped it with light colors or dark colors or another type of white.

Thank you all for sharing your photos with me
Huggles

Love all the colors. Thinking now maybe a gold or a blue grey now that you shared your photos with me, oh but I haven't clicked on the a couple of your links you shared- going back to the post and doing that now

My kitchen is a redo..or update project. Goal- how to change the look of your kitchen for less then $750.00 dollars..
We shall see
Huggles

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 12:34AM
nini804

I used SW Lattice in my kitchen...it is a very neutral grey with the tiniest hint of blue. In this pic...the color looks off...it mostly looks like the shade in the little desk area in the far left. The color in the adjoining butlers pantry and dining room is a different color.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 5:23AM
Sidney4

I decided not to go with a lot of contrast. I used SW Wool Skein on my walls....my cabinets are a vanilla white as opposed to a bright white.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 7:05AM
Debbi Branka

Our cabinets are a very bright white (thermofoil) and our walls are navy blue. (The island is just being installed and it is Sherwin Williams Naval.)

With unfinished island:

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 9:07AM
Heatherash8210

We painted out cabinets White dove and our walls are revere pewter by BM. good luck.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:26AM
carterkitchen

We have BM Accadia White - nice, clean white without being stark - slight cream tint gives it a more 'old fashion/classic' look than some of the colder whites.
Caspian

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 2:33PM
MDBmom

Hi,
I used BM White Dove on cabs and our walls are BM Coventry Gray. I don't have a recent pic yet with the paint color but here is an older one with cabs. Good luck!

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 4:48PM
flynnnj

MDBMom - I love your counter - is it soapstone or jet mist? I also love your backsplash. Your space looks peaceful and energetic all at the same time.

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 6:36PM
owataqt

Ahhh..thank you all so much.

I so want your kitchens. Their all so gorgeous.

Today I painted 3 samples of , Benjamin Moore- quiet moments, glass slippers, and storm..ayayya..
Hugs

Bookmark   May 7, 2012 at 10:23PM
slush1422

We used BM Revere Pewter as well. I tried 6 different gray/blue colors and it was the winner. What I LOVE about it is that it seems to change colors during the day depending on the lighting. I am now going to continue it into my living room. It's a great neutral color and that goes well with so many other colors. From STILL not finished kitchen

From STILL not finished kitchen From STILL not finished kitchen

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 1:41PM
just4jesus

what paint did you use on the cabinets?

Bookmark   March 1, 2015 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
Do your pendants swing?
I am putting pendants over my kitchen island. I will...
zorroslw1
Cabinet installation cost (not including cabinets themselves)
We are remodeling our kitchen (complete gut and changing...
schiari211
Sexist or Fun?
Trouble from young feminists over this billboard.
Joseph Corlett, LLC
Bungalow galley kitchen layout
Hello GW'ers! I'm new to the forum and have been so...
motok1w
Baker Cherry Shaker doors vs IKEA Laxarby doors
Please advise on Baker doors. I am going to get IKEA...
enduring
Sponsored Products
AICO Furniture - Windsor Court Gentleman's Chest in Vintage...
Great Furniture Deal
Spring Air Back Supporter Plush Mattress and Box A & E Spring Set Multicolor - C
$752.99 | Hayneedle
Abbyson Living Microsuede Pushback Recliner - CR-10280-BRN
$420.00 | Hayneedle
Tufted Rocker in White
$469.99 | Dot & Bo
Free-Pad New Heriz Serapi Runner Hand Knotted Oriental Wool Rug Rust H3235
BH Sun Inc
Tiffany Style Victorian Design Window Panel
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™