help with kitchen layout needed, part 2
A couple weeks ago I started a posting about the layout of our kitchen:
The result was, that I was going to concentrate on only two layouts. Now I have worked on these two layouts and would like your opinion on these options.
1. Our windowsill behind the sink is quite deep, does anyone have an idea how to use a deep windowsill behind a sink? Do you know of any smart solution for such a space?
2. We are planning to use one bigger sink with a drain board instead of 2 smaller sinks. What do you think is more useful? Please have a look at the following sink we are considering:
3. We aim for a modern look of the kitchen. We think, that the galley layout (option 1) is more modern and also helps with our walls, which are not parallel. What is your opinion on this?
4. I calculated the storage space as recommended by the NKBA. Both options seem to have about the same amount of storage.
5. The part that accommodates fridge and sink are actually the same in both layouts.
Option no. 1: Galley Layout: Here are some sketches and pictures of the galley layout.
Here are some comments/questions on the galley layout:
1. We don't use a MW that much, we currently don't even have one. Could we use a MW/oven combination device in the high cabinet? This would free up the space under the cooktop. How is your experience with those devices.
2. Are the 3 seats arranged around the corner a little awkward? should we aim to have the seats in a row?
3. Is the widths of the galley and behind the seats sufficient?
4. What are some smart solutions to bring some power outlets to the island?
5. Is the countertop to the left and to the right of the sink too small?
Option no. 2: L + Island layout: Here are some sketches and pictures of the L + Island layout:
Here are some comments/questions on the L + Island layout:
1. Is that Island actually too small to work as an island? It is mainly there to house the cooktop and the oven.
2. The fumehood is actually missing in the rendering above, but would be the same solution as in the galley layout.
Thank you very much for your help again, you guys did a great job the last time!!