Need suggestions on wall color to go with accessories

ccintxNovember 28, 2012

I need suggestions on a wall color to go in a bedroom. The bedroom is 12 X 20, and the previous owner painted the long wall this hideous pinky red and the other walls are a pinkish beige. I need suggestions for a color. I want a warm cozy feel to the room to go with my bedspread that has all the colors of fall,..burnt orange, reds, golds, and browns. The rest of the house has SW Madadamia, but for some reason it takes on a muddy cast in this room. The flooring is carpet that is a dark, goldish muddy color. I painted a large swatch of Ralph Lauren Devonshire on one wall. It's pretty, and the right depth, but a little too gold. But, it's not turning green. : )

Any suggestions on a beige with gold that won't turn green, but has some depth? (I'm sure I'm making no sense.) But thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yayagal

Bleeker beige would be perfect, made by BM.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 7:46AM
ccintx

Thanks for your suggestion on this. I tried that sample, still getting green. This room is haunted by a green ghost! I'm having to use really red based golden beige colors, and I'm really tired of looking. So far, I've tried:

Ralph Lauren Devonshire - a little too intense orangey
Ralph Lauren Cottonwood - getting close, but still too much red
BM Shake Beige - too dark and looks like dark makeup
Kelly Moore Oyster - getting close but not deep enough
Kelly Moore Star of the Garden - too orangey.

What do I do short of a green paint? The lighting is incandescent light from a ceiling fan, and incandescent lights from table lamps with light amber shades. I think it's the brownish goldish carpet that is sucking all the warmth out of the room. Help!

Bookmark   December 12, 2012 at 6:22PM
dilly_ny

I really like Sherwin Williams Compatible Cream, but its more golden than beige.

Bookmark   December 13, 2012 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
My anniversary gift
Got a new piece of furniture the other day. Well sort...
the_foxes_pad
Am I looking for a soft buttery yellow or a soft buttery white?
I've the itch to paint my living area a soft yellow...something...
happyintexas
Kitchen window help, please
The kitchen puzzle pieces are falling into place! I...
springroz
New Rocking Chair placement
I just bought this new Risom rocker as a floor sample....
rockybird
Is this still in style?
Is blue and brown still in style? I really like this...
FinallyHome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™