A ? about shams...

ajc9November 27, 2012

I just bought the below coverlet for my toddler's full size bed. 25% off plus free shipping today;) I purchased it in white (I know...crazy for a little one!) and plan to pair it with a bright toss pillow. They have such cute ones at etsy with felt flowers, trees and such.

Should I buy the white sham as as well? I know, perhaps it's just a preference thing but I wonder if shams are always necessary to complete a look. I don't like a lot of fussiness on a bed but also like it to be put together. She has allergies so I'm keeping the bedding as minimalistic as possible...

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coverlet

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
porkandham

I would buy the shams. I think they make a bed look more finished. Those shams are tailored, so I don't think it'll look fussy. I have shams on my boys' beds, and they're not fussy at all. BTW, you'll need two shams for a full sized bed.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:08AM
ajc9

Thx porkandham! I just ordered them...I hope my 'look' turns out. I decided to go with something she can grow with for a few years....

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 8:47AM
Fun2BHere

You can always just lay the shams across the sleeping pillows when you make the bed. That's a nice look because it hides the wrinkled cases on the sleeping pillows and makes the bed look tidier.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
what could make these sheers more modern?
The bamboo roman shade in one of these windows fell...
melle_sacto
Is this a great statement or a great ugly mess?
Hello to all I could use your input here I have a mid...
chicagoerin
Bright solid or bold print to reupholster settees?
Anyway, I bought a pair of vintage settees for my 'formal'...
sloedjinn
Do all decorative vases need flowers?
Just moved and trying to decorate new home. I bought...
eppe4
who has grey kitchen cabinets?
would appreciate info from people who have grey cabinets...
mainewire
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™