Window treatment with corner blocks?

nancitaNovember 19, 2012

Hi all,

We're finally ready for curtains or shades or something. When we remodeled the second floor, we had wide window trim with corner blocks. Curtains wold cover them up. I thought of fabric shades and loved the ones that used to be made with a cord/loop. No longer being made because of a choking hazard.

Any ideas on what I might use?

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Any window treatment with an inside mount will work....roman shade, hobbled roman shade, austrian shade, balloon shade, duette honeycomb shade, woven wood blind, roller shade which you can either trim or cover with fabric or valances. You can do venetian blinds or shutters or you can even mount drapery panels on the inside that reach the sill and tie back to one or both sides.

    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 7:22AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You always have such great information. I am wondering how a valance would work. Those corner blocks that DH is so fond of would be hidden, no?
Thank you.

    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 6:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Not if you mount it inside....inside mount leaves the woodwork showing.

    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 8:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm not sure where this photo originated, but I had it saved in my 'inspiration' file. Same idea as Annie has shown above.

    Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 8:42PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Online Furniture Store Question
Has anyone ever purchased from the
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
Front door color advice
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
TV show Perception set decor
If you haven't watched the show, it's a good one. But...
Annie Deighnaugh
Spectra Home - quality?
I have been looking for a swivel club chair for DD....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™