Please help with kitchen window treatments!!

cece1121October 15, 2013

Hi,
Renovated my kitchen almost two years ago and I would love to have some window treatments but I am having a terribly difficult time. Attached is pic
of my bay window/nook area. I'm looking for suggestions for over the sink area also. The color on the walls is BM Mystic Gold. Considering Country Curtains Devon Floral valance but think an 18" valance on a 55" length window may be too long even though it has a scalloped edge. Country Curtains Macrame tier is also pretty but would not offer much color. Appreciate any thoughts you may have! Thank You!! Cross posting to kitchens forum.
http://www.countrycurtains.com/product/08275v8751+devon+floral+garden+lined+layered+scalloped+valance.do?sortby=ourPicks#

http://www.countrycurtains.com/product/0111r040a+macrame+medallion+tier+curtains.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=Search

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coco4444

I had the same problem: small and large window to coordinate. I ended up making my own stagecoach valences. Good luck, its a tough area.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 10:43PM
mlweaving_Marji

Devon scallop valance
I agree that the 18" is too long for your windows. But shortening them would be a cinch, since it's just a simple rod pocket at the top. And the print is random enough that it looks as though you could take up to 6" off the length without destroying the look.
Can you cut some construction paper to size and tape it up and live with it a day or two to see how much of the window you're comfortable with covering up?

Nice shade Coco. I like the stripe you put on the underside to contrast.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 11:15PM
Annie Deighnaugh

I can't see from the picture...is the bay window symmetrical? What kind of space is there between the bay and the kitchen cabinet? Is there any room at all or are they flush?

You may just want to go for a woven wood blind which can be mounted to the top of each window in the bay and kept up tight for maximum light exposure, and mount a matching one up near the ceiling over the sink and let it hang longer to cover the top of the window frame so the height difference is less noticeable.

Bookmark   October 16, 2013 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
Office ready for window treatments - WWYD?
I finally hung the diplomas and DH's favorite print...
2pups4me
Before I Take the Tags Off........
What do you think? DH & I got this BHG set (and...
the_foxes_pad
aluminum prints in bathroom
has anyone had experience with keeping aluminum prints...
soccerfan15
Painting below chair rail to give appearance of wood paneling
Not in my budget to have wood panel wainscoting but...
bossyvossy
Snapped Fiddle Leaf Fig
Hi All, This afternoon I took my Fiddle Leaf Fig to...
Belle Roberts
Sponsored Products
Glen Isle Dining Outdoor Side Chair Cushion, Patio Furniture
$174.00 | FRONTGATE
Pearcy Rug 9' x 12'
$3,199.00 | Horchow
David Trubridge Design | Coral Pendant - Stained
$630.00 | YLighting
2-Pc. Cube Planter in Cobalt
$9.99 | Dot & Bo
Design Element Imperial 60" Double Sink Bathroom Vanity - Espresso
Modern Bathroom
Hampton Bay Outdoor Lanterns. Wall-Mount 1-Light Outdoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Dusk-
$17.97 | Home Depot
Dale Tiffany Peony Gold 34" High Art Glass Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Crane Pink Drop Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier - EE-5301P
$44.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™