Extra Chairs

grlwprlsOctober 8, 2012

I have two very pretty apple green velvet wing chairs. Very nice chairs in great shape and I've dragged them to five different houses - and yet they've never really had a *place* if you know what I mean. But I love them, so I move them.

It bears mentioning that were they slimmer and the seat just a smidgen higher I would, in a heartbeat, use them as my host and hostess chairs with my dining table, but alas, they are too chubby and stocky. The bedrooms here are all too small for a random chair. However, the dining room does have space, to either side of the fireplace, for the chairs.

Our first floor is simple: two rectangles - foyer/dining room and living room/kitchen. The living room has no room for any other furniture.

Knowing that these chairs cannot be pulled into service for dining (we have 8 chairs at our seating for 8 table) nor into service in the living room, would you place them in the corners of the dining room to either side of the fireplace? They won't be blocking traffic. I could even put a floor lamp in one corner and make it appear to be a cozy reading corner (since the living room is "plugged in" with the TV).

It seems like a great place for at least one, if not both, of the chairs, but it also seems weird to have non-dining chairs in the dining room, I guess. Worth making my husband drag one downstairs to try it out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cyn427

Absolutely! I have two wing chairs and a pie crust table in front of a window at one end of my dining room. It is a good look and I imagine you will love yours in front of/to the side of the fireplace.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 6:17PM
Fun2BHere

I think that's a great place for the chairs.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 9:00PM
mtnrdredux_gw

I don't think it's odd at all. And I can see them being used at a party or gathering. The PO's had a loveseat in the DR here.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
Is this still in style?
Is blue and brown still in style? I really like this...
FinallyHome
Did Houzz change?
I haven't looked at this site in a while. I just looked...
ellendi
Kitchen window help, please
The kitchen puzzle pieces are falling into place! I...
springroz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™