Extra Chairs

grlwprlsOctober 8, 2012

I have two very pretty apple green velvet wing chairs. Very nice chairs in great shape and I've dragged them to five different houses - and yet they've never really had a *place* if you know what I mean. But I love them, so I move them.

It bears mentioning that were they slimmer and the seat just a smidgen higher I would, in a heartbeat, use them as my host and hostess chairs with my dining table, but alas, they are too chubby and stocky. The bedrooms here are all too small for a random chair. However, the dining room does have space, to either side of the fireplace, for the chairs.

Our first floor is simple: two rectangles - foyer/dining room and living room/kitchen. The living room has no room for any other furniture.

Knowing that these chairs cannot be pulled into service for dining (we have 8 chairs at our seating for 8 table) nor into service in the living room, would you place them in the corners of the dining room to either side of the fireplace? They won't be blocking traffic. I could even put a floor lamp in one corner and make it appear to be a cozy reading corner (since the living room is "plugged in" with the TV).

It seems like a great place for at least one, if not both, of the chairs, but it also seems weird to have non-dining chairs in the dining room, I guess. Worth making my husband drag one downstairs to try it out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cyn427 (zone 7)

Absolutely! I have two wing chairs and a pie crust table in front of a window at one end of my dining room. It is a good look and I imagine you will love yours in front of/to the side of the fireplace.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 6:17PM
Fun2BHere

I think that's a great place for the chairs.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 9:00PM
mtnrdredux_gw

I don't think it's odd at all. And I can see them being used at a party or gathering. The PO's had a loveseat in the DR here.

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
House exterior - cedar siding alternative?
I love the look of horizontal cedar slats, and would...
juno_barks
Help!! white or off white kitchen cabnits??
We are building a new home. The kitchen cabinets are...
Val McLemore
Duvet cover
Should my duvet be the same size as the comforter it...
karenklm
Need Help Decorating My Bedroom
Hi there, I'm excited to be here! This is my very first...
jmdkc
Bathroom Vanity Length
My Master Bath has a wall that is over 15 ft in length....
localeater
Sponsored Products
Blue and Green Circles LED Reading Light Plug-In Sconce
Lamps Plus
Chateaux Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
OW Lee Bistro Backless Bar Stool
$265.20 | LuxeDecor
Zuo Set of 2 Marius Rustic Wood Bar Chairs
Euro Style Lighting
Flux Chair Cushion by Flux
$48.30 | Lumens