ideas for painting a little girls dresser

tshermanOctober 3, 2008

I have finally bitten the bullet and painted the wood dresser in my daughter's room (it was a beautiful dark brown wood that seemed perfect for a guest room, not a pre-schooler.) I had planned on white but I'm beginning to wonder if I should go even further and do something fun on the front - a monogram, strips, flowers. I don't know. Does anyone have any thoughts or, better yet, inspiration pictures?

TIA!

Tara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
keepingitsimple

Hi Tara, I was on the Rate My Space site the other day and they had pictures of some really cute girlie girl rooms you can use for inspiration including painted furniture. Just in case you don't already know..it's www.hgtv.com, go to decorating, then rate my space. Once in rate my space, look in the "Best Rated" tab. HTH!

Bookmark   October 3, 2008 at 5:27PM
juddgirl2

My daughter's dresser has pink and cream flowers painted on the drawer fronts. I purchased the set (it has a matching bench/chest) at an antique store.

I'd actually like to change the color of the floral to include more reds to better match her room, but I'm afraid that I'll do more harm than good if I attempt this!

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 12:50AM
sduck2

Prime it white first to make any color be true. Take another look at it once primed and you might like it white or you'll have a better idea where you want to go with it. I had a dark wood chest that I planned on painting a distressed white . Once I primed it there was no detail on it at all so I kept going and it ended up being a pastel plaid. My cousin has the chest now so I can't snap a pic. Check out the decorative painting forum and your local craft store has booklets of painted furniture ideas.

Good Luck with it.

Bookmark   October 4, 2008 at 10:02AM
More Discussions
No Windows in the Dining Room
My dining room has 2 large wall with no windows and...
aloha2009
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
rockybird
House of Cards - Table Lamps
Not wanting to hijack Ann's thread (Perception), I'm...
maddielee
Dining room chandelier selection, please help!
Hi everyone, I need to pull my dining room together...
aboxofcrayons
Help! Living room paint colors!!
Hello everyone, I just bought my house and I need help...
fabbyar79
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™