Help me find this candle!

jlnickSeptember 2, 2012

I'd like to attempt to recreate this Christmas centerpiece. I've been searching online and have found tree-shaped candles that are similar. But I'm having a hand time finding the glittery pillar candles that are shown. I especially like the one all the way to the right, which looks like it has a quilted pattern/texture in addition to the sparkle. I've been googling and can't seem to find anything quite like it, and I'm not sure if I'm using the right keywords. Someone gave us a green one like this once, so I'm sure they're out there somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas where to look for such an item? Or what keywords you'd use to describe this candle in a web search? Thanks for any help! I have a toddler at home so it's hard to spend lots of time browsing the aisles of different stores looking for all the elements of a centerpiece.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/351674/Portfolio-traditional-dining-room-boston

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeinohio

I have a lot of those glittery pillar candles (white, red, green, silver) I've purchased over the years at Bath and Body Works. You might check there when it gets closer to Christmas.
Dee

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 11:12PM
yayagal

I just googled glittery gold candles and came up with loads of them. Do the google search and then click on images in the left column. When you see one you like, click on it and you can find the source.

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 11:25PM
sameboat

Those usually appear at Marshalls, TJMaxx and Home Goods right after Halloween (sometimes even before!).

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 11:34PM
Fun2BHere

You might try Emailing the poster of the picture:
Stacy Curran, South Shore Decorating, http://www.southshoredecorating.com

Include the picture and ask her about sources for the candles.

Bookmark   September 2, 2012 at 11:37PM
lindac

Make them!!...buy plain pillars or tree shapes and trim them....dip in melted wax and then glitter, there are spray on glues you can use.

Here is a link that might be useful: Centerpiece

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 12:23AM
forboystoo

It states that they are "glitter"
Maybe it's just a bad pic~

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.wayfair.com/Zest-Candle-Glitter-Pillar-Candle-CPZ-166-CPZ-167-FJI1015.html

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 1:27AM
forboystoo

Try searching "wedding pillar"

I guess you don't want to go flameless ?

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 1:46AM
Elraes Miller

Michaels and Hobby Lobby have their full Christmas out. There are many glitter candles and usually a sale going on. You can also buy glitter paint for candles, do not know how well this works though. or a how to says to use modge podge and roll candle in glitter.

In running a search, I would want to look at the candle in person. None found that are as stylish as yours. And found it interesting that so many are made of beads.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 8:45AM
jlnick

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I attempted my own glitter candles last Christmas from Pinterest, and they were an epic fail LOL. So this year I've decided to embrace my non-craftiness and buy them from the get-go. Yeah, the ones I saw online weren't quite as stylish as the ones in the photo. I'll take a look at the places you guys mentioned. Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 12:19PM
More Discussions
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
Front door color advice
I am buying a new front door (textured steel) to replace...
j1plante
Does anyone know how to find a painting seen in a movie?
About a month ago, we were going out for dinner and...
pickyshopper
Art height...opinions
i'm hanging six botanicals above table. Do you think...
Kitch4me
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™