Mentally preparing for major colour change

Scarlett001September 10, 2012

I've been living in a blue/gray interior in my house for years - blue/gray walls, blue/gray carpet. When I bought the house I did not like the colours, and I promised myself that I would change the colours to suit my tastes. But it has taken a decade to finally get around to it!!

Anyhow, I'm so used to my huge vaulted-ceiling rooms being a light/medium blue/grey. I LOVE French Country, and have chosen a new paint colour (SW Ivoire - lovely creamy yellow with apricot undertones in my house). The floors will soon be changed too. I can't wait to finally decorate the house the way that I like it.

The painting is being done in 3 weeks time by professionals. My issue is that I am anticipating in advance that when the new colour go in that I may be a bit "eek!!" as I suspect the switch to the yellow look from grey/blue (on those high walls in particular) is going to be a big and sudden change, no matter how good they actually look. And my old furniture/curtains are not right for the new look (everything is too similar in colour and will make the entire room look like a sea of yellow) and yet it will take time to decorate things to get the look I want.

How shocking is such a change going to be visually for me and how long might it take to adapt to it? Assuming it is a bit "eek" at first, is it usual to be a bit surprised when major colour changes on walls happen? Just curious what to anticipate and avoid any regrets as I see the colour going up!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Scarlett001

Sorry, posted twice as my message/post did not appear to have been submitted. It would be good if a moderator could delete this duplicate message. Please reply to other thread.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:46PM
More Discussions
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
bossyvossy
Need Light for Kitchen Table
So, I am posting old photos of my kitchen (it has since...
sheilaaus122
question about your bathroom vanity
I realize there is a bathroom forum but it doesn't...
alexamorrie
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Laundry room paint & would you remove the door?
Decided to askā€¦ What color would you pull from the...
misformink
Sponsored Products
Line Voltage 101 Track Head by WAC Lighting
$47.00 | Lumens
Kichler Olde Bronze Flush Mount 4-Light
PLFixtures
Taj Leather Sectional Sofa - Right Chaise
Zuri Furniture
Fili D' Erba Dining Table
| Italy Design
Modway Gloria Bar Stools - Set of 2 - EEI-937-BLK
$79.99 | Hayneedle