Kitchen sneak peek!

wifiskerSeptember 9, 2012

It's not all done yet but I couldn't wait to share a couple pics of the progress on our kitchen. DH is going to have the painter put one more coat on, then we'll need to wait at least 2 or 3 days before we put the doors back up and attach hardware. But in the meantime... what do you think?!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wifisker

One more pic.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 9:47PM
wifisker

I can't resist showing one more picture, but this is so you can see what we're doing next. The fireplace/sitting room is just off the kitchen and dining area with the same walnut floors. You have GOT to see the walls we're painting over as the "before" image. I picked up some SW Kilim Beige and plan to get this done this week. (What you can't see on the opposite wall is a funky faux lava rock fireplace, LOL.)

The walls are currently kind of a pinkish beige color with darker splotches, lots of rough texture, and even a little glitter mixed in. Wow.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 9:52PM
CLBlakey

I have been waiting to see those cupboards painted already they are looking bright and airy what a change can't wait to see it finished so much lighter already. Congrats on your new home.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 11:32PM
yayagal

It's all going to be sooo yummy, getting up in the morning to make coffee will be such fun.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 12:20AM
kswl2

They already look good even with the doors off!

Glitter on the walls? Wifisker, you have RESCUED that house. I am really looking forward to your next kitchen pictures. The floor is just wonderful.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 12:23AM
tinker_2006

oh I love sneak peeks! It is looking amazing, can't wait to see it finished and the other room will be a major makeover with just paint! Looking forward to your finished pictures!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 6:42AM
homersmom

Looking good!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 7:18AM
springroz

Looking good! I love the walnut floor!!

We are waitnig for our walnut to dry at a kiln, so it can turn into countertops for my kitchen. It has been MONTHS, but still I live with my beautiful plywood.

Can't wait to see it put together!

Nancy

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 8:04AM
wifisker

Thanks everyone! You can all take credit for giving me the courage to go through with it. :) There's soooo much more I want to do with the house but I have to slow down and remember that most of it will need to happen over time as we don't have the time or the budget for everything right now. In the meantime it's making me happy just to see the transformation that a little paint can do.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 9:51AM
lazydaisynot

You must be thrilled to see how pretty it looks already!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:27AM
Fun2BHere

Already a huge improvement! Congratulations!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:35AM
cat_mom

What a big difference already!! Yay!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 11:55AM
chickadee2_gw

Look how pretty your granite looks with the new paint colors! You're getting a lot of bang for your buck just with little old paint. I can't wait to see it when it's all done. It looks great even now.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 3:09PM
cyn427

Seeing before, during, and after pics is such fun. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen and I know we'll all enjoy watching as you redo the rest! Yippee.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 8:00PM
More Discussions
Blue bedroom bedding
We are going to be painting our master bedroom 'Bleached...
hornedfrog89
Help me style my living room!
I have no idea what to pair with this tan couch. I...
homestyles2
No Windows in the Dining Room
My dining room has 2 large wall with no windows and...
aloha2009
Pier 1 Furniture???
Okay, we are at the tail end of a whole-house remodel...
dgranara
TV show Perception set decor
If you haven't watched the show, it's a good one. But...
Annie Deighnaugh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™