tan color that goes with SW blonde

callie8799September 12, 2012

my bil is adding a huge addition to his home (which was a traditional 50 style ranch). He is painting the walls blonde with white ceiling and trim except for the great room. If you look at the attached pixture, everything in front of that large wooden beam (which will be stained)is going to be SW Blonde. I am looking for wall color for the room behind the beam. The floor is brown with golden tones-medium colored wood. he is looking for a tan w/o green tones.

he definitely wants tan. any thoughts? He's an avid hunter if that gives you insight to him and he's a bachelor.

thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

The SW blonde already looks pretty tan to me. Perhaps he should just darken it a few shades like SW mannered gold.

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 9:46PM
nicoletouk

Look at SW Restrained Gold as well. It should be on the same chip as Blonde. I have used Blonde, Ivoire and Restrained Gold (which are all on one color strip) on adjoining rooms and I am very pleased.

RG is darker than Blonde, very much a golden tan - at least to us!

Nicole

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 6:39AM
callie8799

AnnieD & Nicole, I did suggest he go with something on the same color chip- but he definitely wants more brown of a color. I tried to suggest he pick a brown with gold in it since the rooms are in a "straight line"-thus my question.

any other thoughts? He is not brand loyal.
thanks again!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 6:56AM
mellyc123

SW Barcelona Beige

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 9:23AM
francypants

SW Stonebriar is darker than Blonde and is a warm tan. I'm not nuts about gold rooms transitioning into tan (I've done it) but if he doesn't want to do a darker gold and is green (or other color) averse, he could try that.

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 10:35AM
callie8799

Francypants. Im not a fan of gold transitioning into tan neither. I am trying to convince him to try ivories. I have that next to Blonde in my home. Maybe the stone he picks for the fireplace will help out. When I can get to computer I will look up your suggestion. I'm on my phone. This the poor grammer. :)

Mellyc123. Will suggest your color. Thank you

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 3:28PM
More Discussions
What is a McMansion? Tell Us In 25 Words or Less
Everybody seems to have his or her own definition of...
kswl2
Credenza for mcm home
I have been searching for a credenza for the tv in...
rockybird
Need Help Decorating My Bedroom
Hi there, I'm excited to be here! This is my very first...
jmdkc
Would polished nickel sconces blend with chrome in a bathroom?
Doing a master bath remodel. All shower and sink faucets...
Jill Wood
Appliances in. Please help me pick lights.
(It’s me. I've wanted to change my name for a while...
misformink
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™