Restoration Hardware French Gray Furniture wall paint match?

sparklebreadSeptember 10, 2012

Hello everyone,

We ordered Restoration Hardware furniture for my daughter's room last week. We chose the french grey finish. Does anyone have experience decorating around this color? I am thinking pale pink or lilac walls-but would love recommendations-specific paint colors would be terrific! Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patty_cakes

I have a friend who paints vintage furniture gray for her space in an antique mall. She uses lavender and a green not as bright as lime, but not as grayed as sage. It's a very attractive combo with the gray. ;o)

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 8:32PM
patty_cakes

I have a friend who paints vintage furniture gray for her space in an antique mall. She uses lavender and a green not as bright as lime, but not as grayed as sage. It's a very attractive combo with the gray. ;o)

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 9:10PM
sis2two

A white with a hint of pink in it would be pretty. Sorry I don't have any specifics.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:22PM
beekeeperswife

Not sure about the RH gray furniture, but if you are looking for a barely-there lavender, I can highly recommend BM Slip. We used it in our last house, in my then 20-year-old daughter's room. She loved it, it was gorgeous. I had a marble topped desk in there, looked great with it.

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 8:42AM
hoh2010

We have emelia bed and double dresser in french gray for my daughter's room. they are so pretty! We have pale pink/green horizontal stripes on the walls, and pretty pink/green crystal chandelier. They look great with pale soft pink.

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 2:38PM
bronwynsmom

Farrow & Ball's Dimity is a whisper of grayed-down pink, and Great White is barely lavender-tinted. If you want a barely-there color, and depending on your light, either of them would look lovely with RH's gray.

For a stronger pink, Pink Ground (also F&B) might please you. Among the more usual suspects, I like SW 7116 A la Mode for a peachy pink, and 7114 Palish Peach for a less yellow one. (The first few times I specified that one, I thought it was "Polish Pink," which caused a few chuckles among the painters...)

Pratt & Lambert has a really girly one, also on the pale, luminous side, called Smokestain Rose, also great with gray.

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 3:46PM
sparklebread

I just wanted to check back in and thank everyone for their input. Went with BM slip AF-605. Great color! I like it so much that I am considering using it in the hallbath with a ming green basket weave floor.

As a side note for anyone with the RH french grey furniture~ this paint color is a great match with the RH antique floral drapes in lilac and scallop voile quilt in lilac. One room down- 5 more to go!

Thanks again to everyone for their inut!

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
Office Desks - Coordinating Styles
Hello all, I'm working on my home office, and I'm excited...
jan_in_wisconsin
Need Help Choosing Area Rug for Living Room
I think I need a rug in here to anchor everything together....
mary44
Improvement With A Few $'s
My plain pony wall bugged me. I finally tackled it...
mustangs81
Have rounded drywall corners, do I do rounded baseboard?
We are redoing the millwork in our 1995 house. We...
akl_vdb
Budget kitchen remodel
We relocated to a new state, and bought this home last...
reallymelanie
Sponsored Products
LED Touch Dimmer (Receiver)
EnvironmentalLights.com
Minka Lavery | Gyrette Ceiling Fan
YLiving.com
Elegant Designs Lamps 3-Piece Restoration Bronze Lamp Set LC1002-RBZ
Home Depot
Sussex Linear Chandelier by Hinkley Lighting
$1,199.00 | Lumens
American Fluorescent | Restoration Flush Ceiling Light
$176.00 | YLighting