Funcolors-would you help me please?

sis2twoSeptember 23, 2012

In a few weeks, I am having my kitchen cabinets repainted in Woodmode's Antique White. I have gone around and around about wall color in my kitchen.

Anyway, I would love to have your expertise. Initially, I thought about doing a lighter color in my kitchen along with my white cabinets. I have white beadboard around the perimeter of my kitchen and breakfast area also. My kitchen opens to my family room( Hampshire Gray) and my dining room( Berry Red by Ellen Kennon). I thought I had decided on Desert Tan by BM but I'm just not sure, because while my kitchen will be lightened by my cabs, I gravitate towards deeper colors and would love for my new cabinets to stand out along with a large window in my breakfast area.

I love the look of arlosmom's kitchen. It's one of my favorites. I need some help choosing paint before these cabinets come out. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

It's good to know that you gravitate toward deeper colors - that color tolerance thing matters. And it's good to know what you want color to do, 'cabinets stand out along with a large window'.

Is there a link to arlosmom's kitchen? I looked but the search feature here is so lame I couldn't find it.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 1:18AM
stinky-gardener

Here's the kitchen, Funcolors!

Here is a link that might be useful: arlosmom's kitchen

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 7:37AM
sis2two

Thanks stinky-gardener for the link. I am techno-challenged to say the least.

Funcolors-Another color that I found last night in my Ellen Kennon samples is mustard seed. It is a richer color than the desert tan. Have you seen this color in person and what do you think about it? I have black accent pieces in my breakfast room. Thank you so much!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 11:50AM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Yeah, at one time I painted my kitchen Mustard Seed. Then it was Cognac. Then it was Bronze. Then I moved. ;)

My new house kitchen is Edgewood Green. If you want 'softer edges' to the color flow room to room, Edgewood would work nicely with Hampshire and Berry.

Mustard Seed is an option but it's definitely more contrast color to color. If the cabinets are the focus, I'd go with EK's Champagne Gold. (which is the full spectrum version of a custom Tobacco Road color swatch that I sent to EK but don't tell anyone) Champagne Gold is also in the same range as Desert Tan but it's darker and more toned - essentially more complex.

Edgewood Green or Champagne Gold - two good options for what you're wanting.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 6:45PM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Forgot to say TY stinky for the link!

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 6:47PM
sis2two

Thanks funcolors. I have Edgewood green in my computer room and I do like the color. I have four rooms painted in green shades. Do you think that matters at all? Thanks.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 8:16PM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

Ooo, yep, too much green. Try C. Gold or Mustard Seed.

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 8:57PM
sis2two

Thats what I was thinking too. Thank you.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 4:11PM
More Discussions
Need Help With Color Choice for Kitchen and Keeping Rooms
We are doing a Kitchen renovation to a 1950's Colonial...
homechef59
Need Help Decorating My Bedroom
Hi there, I'm excited to be here! This is my very first...
jmdkc
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
lisa_mocha
Am I looking for a soft buttery yellow or a soft buttery white?
I've the itch to paint my living area a soft yellow...something...
happyintexas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™