Shutter color?

anntasticSeptember 18, 2012

Hi,

I'm building a home and am stuck on the shutter color. Exterior cedar shake is Benjamin Moore Nantucket Grey with BM Cotton Tail white trim. I was looking for a grey/blue color for the shutters to pull some of those colors out of the stacked stone water-table (colors are muted right now b/c the stones have yet to be washed), but the BM Hale Navy is too blue. Any suggestions on a dark grey/charcoal color with just a hint of maybe midnight blue?

Thanks for the input!

Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

You need to get a sample of CW623 Brush-Everard Blue. Williamsburg Color Collection from Pratt & Lambert. SW store should be able to mix a Color To Go jug. The harmony with Nantucket Gray is divine. Odd color name, little-known color collection but you won't find a similar blue anywhere else. Hale Navy is the wrong blue on many levels of contrast, you are right that it is too blue.

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 8:02PM
bronwynsmom

Here in Virginia, as you might imagine, the Williamsburg paints are everywhere, and easy to find.
You can see the Williamsburg colors at this link.
Click on the Color Visualizer tab, and then click on "All colors" under Williamsburg on the list on the right.

There's also a store locator.
If there isn't one near you, you can probably get them to send you a brochure of these colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: P&L Williamsburg color collection

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 8:45PM
anntastic

Thank you! I will follow-up on CW623. The Hale Navy makes me cringe every time I look at it.

Thanks again!

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 8:47PM
PRO
Lori A. Sawaya

TY for the link, bronwynsmom. Pratt & Lambert has shrunk so much in the marketplace I automatically assume it's not accessible.

You'd think I'd learn by now to not make that kind of assumption! One of these days I'll catch on. ;)

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 6:07AM
More Discussions
Before I Take the Tags Off........
What do you think? DH & I got this BHG set (and...
the_foxes_pad
Snapped Fiddle Leaf Fig
Hi All, This afternoon I took my Fiddle Leaf Fig to...
Belle Roberts
Who makes the longest lasting, best stone impregnator/sealer??
Hi, Can anyone tell me the best brand/name of natural...
nicole0007
Where on Fence for Exterior Closet
I'm purchasing a "shed closet" to be installed...
Carrie B
Painting below chair rail to give appearance of wood paneling
Not in my budget to have wood panel wainscoting but...
bossyvossy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™