Need help with accent color

hjf234September 15, 2012

I'm trying to find an accent color for our new living room. Attached is a picture of our sofa(minus the ugly pillows) and coffee table. Our walls will be painted a light gray. I was thinking possibly an orange upholstered chevron chair and then adding some orange pillows to the sofa. But I'm not sure if that is the best accent color. Also what color curtains would you recommend? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caminnc

What you have is neutral so the possibilities are endless. Do you have any other objects such as art or rugs with color to pull inspiration from. I would consider blues, oranges, lime green, or other neutral colors. Look around on the internet, there is a ton of inspiration out there. If you decide on a color let us know and we can help you from there.

Bookmark   September 15, 2012 at 7:01PM
design_wotcha

I agree with carminnc you have a great base here - the color wheel is your oyster! But, like you I have an obsession with orange and chevrons (I use both for my blog website banner!) if you like chevron but want to maintain the use-ablity of all your pieces so you can easily change your accent color in the future you could consider a chevron ottoman instead of chair (cheaper!).

pillows in an ikat chevron would be a modern take on the usual chevron pattern and are "on trend"...

Here is a link that might be useful: orange accents

Bookmark   September 18, 2012 at 1:29PM
yayagal

I think a light creamy linen would look great on the windows or you could always match the walls too. Either way would be super. That way you can introduce a few pillows with a cream in them and pop the cream color around the room. I love the idea of the orange but, as the others say, you have a wide choice of colors from which to choose. Your choices so far are spot on and gorgeous.

Bookmark   September 19, 2012 at 12:31AM
More Discussions
Need Help Choosing Area Rug for Living Room
I think I need a rug in here to anchor everything together....
mary44
Area Rugs - Will Viscose rug last?
Hi, I am in the midst of redecorating my LR & DR....
fillagirl
sectional sofa help
hi cross posting this from furniture b/c I really could...
lmgch
Do you like decor on the coffee table?
This relates back to our 'magazine house' discussion....
selcier
Replace fan/light combo with light?
I have a Broan fan/light combo in my laundry room....
misformink
Sponsored Products
Flood Lights. Exterior Lighting Wall Mount 1-Light Halogen Exterior Flood, Archi
$25.20 | Home Depot
Glistening Ridge Rug 12' x 15' - TAUPE
$5,499.00 | Horchow
David Bromstad "Lotus" Artwork
Grandin Road
Sealy 3-inch Memory Foam and Surface Gel Mattress Topper
Overstock.com
Fairmont Designs 26" Lifestyle Collection Eurotop Shaker Vanity - Dark Cherry or
Modern Bathroom
Palermo Center Cover
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™