Photoshop help for exterior please?

PipdogSeptember 5, 2012

I've been trying to mock up different paint colors on our exterior, but my renditions are terrible. I'm hoping someone here can help out. Please? :)

We're considering BM Woodlawn Blue for the front door. For the exterior, either BM White Dove (if we decide to stay white) or BM Light Pewter (a very soft gray) for the rest of the house. If we do white for the house, we want the shutters to be a light/medium gray. If we do gray for the house, we want the shutters and trim around the octagonal window to be darker gray.

My biggest concern with the light gray is that it will be too much gray since the shake roof and driveway are big expanses of gray.

Here's the house:

Thanks,

pip

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tannatonk23

What a cute house! I just wanted to comment that we had painted our ranch style home recently with a light green/gray body and a darker trim. The body is SW Grassland and the trim is SW Connected Gray. I often think I should have used the darker color for the body. Maybe you can photoshop some colors before actually painting to be sure of your choices. The colors I used are on the color strip I've linked. Good luck!

On a side note, I have had two different people stop by to tell me they loved my colors and wanted to know the color names. That made me feel so good about my choices, but I still think the darker body would look better.

Here is a link that might be useful: SW Color Strip 24

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 5:39AM
Pipdog

thanks, tannatonk. I really like the colors you chose! Any chance you can post a pic of the exterior of your house?

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 4:23PM
tannatonk23

Pipdog, I'll try to attach some pictures, but I have to say these colors don't photograph very well. I'm in Florida and its so dang bright here! Maybe that's why I wish I had gone with a darker body color. The Grassland looks so washed out during the day. It can be a real chameleon.

Well, I'm having trouble loading the pics. I'm using the iPad app for photobucket and the pictures uploaded to photobucket upside down. Let me do some more research on this. Doesn't seem to be a way to edit photos using that app. Ughhh...

Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 5:38PM
More Discussions
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
bossyvossy
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
daisymc
Downsize master & bath reveal
Hi all, thought I would share one part of my downsize...
justterrilynn
Paint Ceiling Trim/crown color or wall color?
I'm getting ready to repaint my LR/DR kitchen area....
CaroleOH
What do you have on your patio sliding doors??
I would like to change out my dated vertical blinds...
mary44
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™