Decorating buffet cabinet

mama22girlsSeptember 20, 2012

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so excited to be a part of this group! I have a question about decorating my buffet cabinet. I received only 2 place settings of a very nice china for my wedding five years ago. We never use it. Should I decorate my cabinet with only 2 settings or sell it? Thanks in advance for any direction or advice!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fun2BHere

Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself as I joined about this time last year. Question...do you plan to collect more of the pattern? If so, I would keep the two place settings, although I might not decorate with it. If not, I would sell it and buy something that I really like.

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 6:27PM
oakleyok

Another welcome! First, I would keep the place settings simply because they're wedding gifts. I'm sentimental about those things. I have some of my own wedding gifts in storage, but I can't part with them.

Do you have any other collections, something with color if there is glass on the cabinets?

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 6:35PM
ellendi

Do you love them? If you do ,than you will enjoy looking at them purely as a decorative feature.
I understand oakleyok's sentiment, but I persoanlly don't get attached to something just because someone gave it to me. If you are the same, then by all means sell it or give it to someone who might enjoy collecting this pattern.

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 7:17PM
Lake_Girl

Believe it or not, I only got one set. I held on to it, and at one point started to sell it. I figured I wouldn't make much, and I enjoy the memories when I do run across it. So I'm glad I kept it now. If it's not worth a lot, I would keep it.

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 8:57PM
mtnrdredux_gw

does it go with anything else you have, or the mood you want to create?

You can still use two place settings for romantic dinners a deux ...

Bookmark   September 20, 2012 at 10:23PM
busybee3

i agree, if it's a pattern that you really like (that you picked out yourself?) i would keep them and display them along with glassware, etc. you might decide to pick up more pieces and have a more formal dinner party someday...

Bookmark   September 21, 2012 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
TV show Perception set decor
If you haven't watched the show, it's a good one. But...
Annie Deighnaugh
Would love your input on refreshing this exterior!
Hi all, I have some ideas, but I'm not in love with...
Kristin Jennings
What is a McMansion? Tell Us In 25 Words or Less
Everybody seems to have his or her own definition of...
kswl2
Where to buy discounted upholstery fabric?
Recently purchased an upholstered accent chair from...
kaisermust
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™