Wayfair online store?

deee_gwSeptember 3, 2012

I have always been a prolific online shopper and it seems like all of a sudden this "store" is showing up in many of my hits. Does anyone know about the company?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
porkandham

They changed their name from CSN to Wayfair. I've ordered a couple of things from them and have been happy.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 5:34PM
hilltop_gw

Avid online shopper here. I ordered two metal headboards from Wayfair. Items arrived quickly and in good shape. Very pleased.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 6:54PM
decorcrzy

Wayfair is a company that google runs pop up ads for. They do slam me alot with pop ups, seems once I look at something on Wayfair's site, the items will pop up for advertising for a while.

I have ordered some things from them. However, beware and be absolutely certain you want and will like that item. I ordered two chaise lounges from them this summer. They offer free shipping which I thought was a wonderful deal compared to most web sites. When we received the lounges, they were way to short and wide. In other words if you were five feet or under and very wide this chaise is for you. I was informed by customer service that if you return an item you must not only pay for return shipping, but you will also be charged for the original shipping that was "free". So any item that is very heavy or bulky would almost cost as much as the price of the item to return and be charged double postage.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 7:03PM
citywoman2012

I have also ordered from Mayfair.
Very prompt and the bedding quality was better than I hoped for.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 7:37PM
Elraes Miller

Double check on net pricing compared to Wayfair. They have been higher than other sites, even with free shipping. They are also part of Walmart, most of the items sold by Walmart are from Wayfair.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 7:42PM
forboystoo

Interesting article here...

Here is a link that might be useful: http://venturebeat.com/2011/09/22/strange-new-retail-creature-wayfair-emerges-from-200-domains/

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 9:05PM
writersblock

Interesting article, forboystoo.

I have to agree with technicolor--most things I've searched for at wayfair have been significantly more expensive than they are elsewhere.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 9:23PM
suero

When it was CSN I ordered Robern medicine cabinets from them. The cabinets came as advertised, free shipping, and were the best deal on or off the net. Maybe things have changed.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 10:00PM
writersblock

I think it just varies depending on what you're looking for. They came up first when I was searching for a particular mirror, for instance. They wanted $250 but I found it several other places for $170.

Bookmark   September 3, 2012 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
Carpet only in the closet?
Would you carpet a closet when you've got hardwood...
amberm145
where to buy a high quality leather recliner
We need to replace our queen ann, high leg recliner....
bobcatralph Owens
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
Best mirror for misaligned light and faucet?
The light over our bathroom sink is not centered over...
amj0517
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™