1.75" diameter oil rubbed bronze metal drapery rod

Kim3579September 4, 2012

Does anyone know where I can find a drapery rod that is 1.75" diameter, oil rubbed bronze metal, 144" in length. The only one I can find is through Restoration Hardware and it's $700 for two windows. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative. Lowes has the above in wood, but I'm wanting metal for a more modern look. Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Elraes Miller

Ran a search for you and the only thing I came up with was metal shower rods. These would work by buying two for each window and using the smaller rod to extend in middle. You would have to buy the supports and decorative ends, but they wouldn't add much to the price. They came up a lot and plenty of choices. Of course Amazon was the best selection.

If anyone is a DIY, any metal rod from a big box store can be used for one. Then spray painted with ORB and a good clear coat. Not sure how long rubbing would last for the paint.

Link is for a metal orb one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Metal Rod

    Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 7:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I bought a long rod like you want from J C Penneys. Went to Lowes and got an extender, which fit in the center of the rod. _________........________. Sort of like that with the line being the rod and the dots the extender. The rod I bought had three supports it works beautifully. Not sure of the cost but I don't believe it was $75.00.

    Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 3:34PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

(Sorry! Attack of the Giant Can!)

    Bookmark   September 6, 2012 at 3:42PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Any idea what this style house is called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
Help me find a new coffee table
Just before the Houzz migration, GWers helped me decide...
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™