Thoughts on vanity/dresser for Master Bedroom
I finally bit the bullet and tried to learn sketch-up this weekend. It is really fun to use. I'm playing around with designs for my dresser/vanity/sink area in the bedroom "nook."
Here is a 2-d picture of my bedroom, with a proposed dresser/vanity in place. (the rug, bed, drapes, bench are fictional, I don't have any of these pieces yet, but I'll probably do something similar to the items pictured). Then pics of the dresser and bed side tables. Please let me know what you think of the dresser (and the bed side tables too).
- I thinking that the dresser will be walnut and blackened (F&B). The walls in my bedroom are F&B Downpipe, Blackened on the trim, white ceilings (I'm having trouble changing the ceiling colour in sketch-up for some reason).
- what do you think of the mix of walnut and painted? Yes, no? Too cute?
- I don't think I want a vessel sink here. I considered a wall faucet, perhaps the Karbon, pictured here (partially upside down, I know). The wall that the faucet is the master bath wall, the plumbing is in there. The back wall behind the dresser is exterior, so no plumbing there.
- What do you think about having the 24" zone for sitting? Am I better off with more lower cabinets? I do sometimes like to sit to do my hair, but typically I stand - perhaps because I have nowhere to sit now?
- I'm thinking about quartzite counter on the 48" sink run, walnut on top of the dresser part. I have a fair amount of leftover quartzite from the kitchen reno (it has been waiting patiently in my garage for 2.5 years).
- I'd love to lose the upper part of the dresser, but I need the storage for all my books and house/design mags!
- The mirror over the 48" vanity will have to have lights embedded on each side (sconces aren't in the works)
- The splayed feet on the bedside tables aren't quite right, but you get the idea.
- I don't have any closet doors on my closets yet (we are viewing the bedroom through the long closet). I'm thinking the doors will be blackened with one walnut accent door.
All thoughts welcome, thanks.