Looking for a curtain rod

graywings123September 27, 2012

I am looking for a curtain rod, about 44 inches wide, that curves into the wall, like this, but not extending out so far:

This rod extends out 5 inches, which is too much for the location I want it for. Is there some way to make something like that?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Does it need to be decorative or functional?

I have used the pictured rod a number of times.

You could potentially modify this rod if you can do two things. The length of the return could be cut back with a hacksaw and then you would need to smooth the edges with a file.

Then there is a set screw that screws through a hole in the rod right near the bracket. The screw contacts a flat part of the bracket and holds the rod in place. Otherwise you will pull the rod off the brackets.

If you need something functional, you could use a basic utility rod or continental utility rod, which are available with various depth returns --like something from Kirsch

Here is a link that might be useful: Or there is this at Country Curtains.

    Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 3:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks, Pal. I am more than willing to take a hack saw to things, but didn't think it was possible with that one. That's good to know. But the CC one may be easier in the long run.

    Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 6:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Several months ago, I used a Pottery Barn Essential Drape Rod (in Pewter finish). The distance behind the rod (from the wall to where the rod begins) measures 3-1/4" or maybe 3-1/8".

Here is a link that might be useful: PB Essential Drape Rod

    Bookmark   September 27, 2012 at 11:48PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Does your decor match your wardrobe?
In different places I see suggestions to start with...
Baseboards and door molding
my baseboards are dark-stained wood to match wood floors,...
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
where to buy a high quality leather recliner
We need to replace our queen ann, high leg recliner....
Lynn Owens
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™