Will this be safe?
PLEASE only answer if you are really sure of an answer and really know what you're talking about! I don't mean to sound rude but I'm terrified of electrocuting a dog and want to make sure that this is completely safe for grooming.
I have a 1/2 hp utility pump for dog bathing purposes, it's supposed to sit in the tub with the dog with some water. The bathroom that I wash dogs in does not have a GFCI outlet. The cord from the pump also doesn't reach all the way from the outlet to the tub.
So is it safe to use a GFCI extension cord? Or would it only be safe if the wall outlet is GFCI as well?