new 4' led recessed light at hd

jscozzNovember 18, 2011

I have swapped out over 20 6" cans in my house with the CR6 CREE LED fixtures from HD over the last year. I was walking through local store yesterday and see that they now carry a CREE 4" LED fixture (similar to the 6"). I don't even see it on the CREE web site. It is more expensive than the 6" ($35), but I have 4-4" cans that get a lot of use and I have been looking for a good LED bulb that dims without flashing, and fits properly in the 4" can/trim... so I put in a couple of the 4" CREE LEDs and they are great!

Interestingly enough, they are rated at the same light output as the 6" version, but 1 watt lower power consumption. I am wondering if they use a newer generation LED in them... anyone seen them or have any further info?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

You might want to post this question in the Lighting forum.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 9:37AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lee676

Extensive reviews of these on this thread in the lighting forum. The governement testing for Energy Star certification showed the 6" and 4" versions use the same wattage and give the same light output - not sure why it's labelled different on the box except that Cree tends to be conservative in their ratings. I have one and it's excellent, although the same light emanating from a smaller, less deeply recessed area glares more than in the 6" version, and they cost a bit more than the larger version too.

Bookmark   December 6, 2011 at 4:56AM
More Discussions
Multiple Fluorescent Ballasts in one light fixture
Hello GardenWeb. I'm not new here, but couldn't log...
MikeM21
Help with 240V 50A location
I'm trying to do a challenging kitchen layout. I will...
12crumbles
Ceiling fan wiring
I have a new ceiling fan with a light. The fan has...
jjp2121
Too much load for circuit?
I have 200 amp service to the main panel (which has...
zver11
Need help with a rocker switch
I need to replace it in our SunHeat radiant room heater....
bold_as_love
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™