Can't solve electrical problem
About 2 months ago my 30 year old house starting have electical issues. Everything went down to about half power (dim lights, weak microwave, no a/c) and an electrician came out and said the Amp Disconnect needed to be replaced. I believe our circuit breaker box was wired at 200 amps and the disconnect outside was only at 100. He replaced the outside disconnect and made it 200 amps. Ended up spending around $1200 and the problem seemed to be fixed.
Then one week ago, we started experiencing our lights getting brighter and then lowering back down when we'd turn on an appliance like the microwave or garbage disposal. Same electrician came out and couldn't figure out what was wrong, said it could be on power company's end. Determined that was probably a problem with the neutral connection based on an online search and had the power company come out. They said they made repairs (wasn't home at the time) and everything seemed to be back to normal for a day or two. Now a few days later though, we are still getting flickering lights. It's not as often and sometimes it almost seems to be random, not triggered by turning on an appliance. I do notice it to be the worst when I have several things running at once, like the washer/dryer, dishwasher and some some lights. It is all throughout the house, not just in the kitchen, etc.
I'm really concerned about an electrical fire or electrocution! This has been stressing me out and I'm wondering if maybe the neutral connection wasn't completely fixed. The power company doesn't seem to be all that concerned and it took quite a bit to get them out in the first place. Also, could it have something to do with going from 100 amps to 200 amps? Is the power company still giving us power for a 100 amp disconnect? I apologize for not knowing much about the situation but any help/advice you can give will be much appreciated. Thanks so much!